Chapter 32

FP walked back to Alice's trailer to see if she was still there. He opened the door and saw her on her knees on the ground. "Are you ok?" FP asked sitting down next to her and Alice wrapped her arms tightly around herself.

"I really want to tell you FP." Alice said quietly as FP watched her. He placed one of his hands on her thigh and asked her again to tell him, but Alice shook her head.

"Fine." FP wasn't going to beg Alice to tell him again, he's done that before and it didn't get him anywhere because she just stopped talking.

"You can't not talk to me." Alice said as FP stood up and walked over to the couch. She expected him to say something, but FP remained silent. "FP!" Alice never thought he'd actually do it. "FP, talk to me!"

Alice turned to look at him, but FP was still silent, just watching her. "I'm not doing this for me!" She said louder and FP stood up so fast Alice feared he would fall.

"Then who the hell are you doing this for?" FP asked just as loud as Alice spoke and she looked down at her hands. That's when it hit FP. "Me, you're doing this for me."

"No." Alice firmly shook her head. She couldn't let FP know that she was doing that for him because if he knew he would figure it all out.

"Then for who?" FP asked raising his eyebrows and Alice heavily sighed.

"For me, I don't know why I said what I said before." Alice lied and stood up in front of FP. "If I tell you what happen, will we be good?"

"Yes." FP desperately wanted to know what had happened between them so he agreed to Alice's condition immediately.

"Ok." Alice took a deep breath so she could quickly come up with a lie which would make sense. She hoped that one day FP will remember everything, but the doctors became less and less hopeful with every passing day and Alice's hope started to fade away too.

"So?" FP asked wanting Alice to start talking about it faster. Alice wrapped her arms around herself tightly and looked into his eyes.

"I started having feelings for you." Alice said that and it definitely wasn't the lie.

"You-"

"Just let me say it." Alice cut FP off because she wasn't sure that she could lie to him that easily. "I started having feelings for you. I tried to hide them, but I couldn't anymore at some point so I told you about it and you got pretty mad. That's when we stopped being close friends."

FP was silent for a little while. What Alice told him seemed real, she didn't look like she lied, but FP didn't think it was like him to do what she said. Even like that he chose to believe Alice. She didn't give him any reason not to believe her. "I'm sorry if I made you feel bad about it."

"It's all fine." Alice didn't want to hear FP apologise for that because that'd now what happened. "It feels good to get it out."

"I'm glad about it." FP was feeling awkward standing there in front of her not saying a word. "Should I, should I hug you or-"

"It would actually be nice." Alice was dying to be in FP's arms, even if it was for just a second. She missed his touch, his smell, the way their bodies fit perfectly, it was like they were made for each other.

FP slightly smiled and he wrapped his arms around Alice. A feeling crept its way into FP's heart, something he thought he hadn't felt for a long time, he wasn't sure what in that exact moment though. "Is anything better?"

"Yeah, thanks." Alice smiled as she stepped away from FP. They stood there just looking at each other for a few seconds before Alice spoke again. "It's late, we should get some sleep."

"Yeah." FP told Alice then he thought that he also has to tell Hermione she doesn't need to go there anymore. "About your mom, if there's anything-"

"There's not." Alice cut off FP. He seemed to feel bad about what she just told him and Alice knew that if he was going to stay there and try to help her even more she would end up telling him the truth. "I'm kind of tired so-"

"Of course." FP nodded his head and walked towards the door. He opened it and waved at Alice good bye before he left.

"Idiot!" Alice went to her bed and let herself fall onto it. She brought a pillow to her chest and hugged it tightly as she closed her eyes wanting to get some sleep that night.

After FP called Hermione and told her that she didn't have to be there anymore FP saw that he received a few texts from his wife, but when he realised it was nothing urgent he put it down and laid back on his bed staring at the ceiling. "What a woman!" FP whispered to himself thinking of Alice.

Hermione was in her car when she got the call from FP. He told her what happened and Hermione decided to stay home and call Alice in the morning. When she got back inside Fred looked at her surprised. "Everything ok?"

"Alice doesn't need me anymore, I'm all yours." Hermione smiled and went over to Fred. She sat down on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. "She's my best friend, if it was me who had a problem like hers I know she'd be here for me."

"I know, you're like sisters." Fred smiled and kissed Hermione's cheek. "But sometimes I want you for myself."

"Well I'm yours tonight."