Chapter 44

About ten minutes later everyone was out of the house because the moment Alice got upstairs she threw everything around that got in her way inside of her bedroom. FP and Hermione were quick to get upstairs and Alice threw a book around that almost hit Hermione. "Alice-"

"No!" Alice shook her head cutting her friend off. "I'm not listening, I don't want to listen! I just want my girls back." Alice's tone lowered and she dropped to her knees in the middle of the mess in her bedroom. "I want Polly and Betty, I need them."

"We know." Hermione said getting closer to Alice and so did FP. "We know honey."

"It was all my fault." Alice said as FP and Hermione were helping her up and to the bed. "I should've done something, I-I-"

"There's nothing you could've done." FP couldn't watch her torturing herself, it was not Alice's fault, it was Jacob's and that was it.

"I did nothing!" Alice yelled at FP breaking free from him and Hermione. "Leave, both of you!" She yelled again, but they didn't move. "Are you deaf?"

"We're here for you, that's what we are." Hermione said calmly. They couldn't blame Alice for her reactions after what happened. "Whether you like it or not."

"I want to change, I need privacy." Alice said and once again they didn't move and Alice cocked her head to the side with an angry look on her face and tears in her eyes.

"Nothing we haven't seen." Hermione said looking over at FP and Alice rolled her eyes as she walked back downstairs with the other two behind her.

When she reached the living room Alice was glad that everyone was gone, but her eyes lingered on the area where it all happened. Alice stopped in her tracks and stared at that place. "I'm selling this house Hermione." Alice said simple and before Hermione or FP could say something they were interrupted by the sound of steps running towards them.

"Alice." A tinier Hermione made her way towards Alice. "Are you ok?" Veronica asked when she was standing right in front of Alice.

"I will be honey." Alice hoped she managed to smile at the little girl as she crouched down to look at her. "The two big guys are here too?"

"Yes." Veronica nodded and looked towards the kitchen, she knew Alice was talking about Archie and Jughead because that was the way the two of them and Polly with Betty talked about the boys. "You can't go in there."

"And why is that?" Alice asked sniffling one more time as Veronica turned back to her.

"You don't know this from me, but we're making you a surprise cake." Veronica said lowering her voice, but not lowering it enough so her mother and FP wouldn't hear.

"You little snitch." FP said with a smile on his face and Veronica slightly blushed. Alice turned a little to look at FP and he nodded his head just a little. "Why don't you go help them and I'll stay here with Alice? I'll teach her how to act surprised when she sees the cake, ok?"

"Yes!" Veronica said and excitedly clapped her hands. "Mommy, come see." She pulled her mother into the kitchen and Alice with FP were left alone in the living room.

Alice stood up and walked to the couch where she sat down followed by FP. "I'm sorry for what happened upstairs."

"It's ok." FP said wrapping an arm around Alice's shoulders as she leaned closer to him. "You're just grieving."

Alice slightly nodded and paused for a while before she told FP something that's been bothering her. "He didn't call."

"Who didn't call?" FP asked not knowing at first about who Alice was talking about.

"Their father." Alice sighed as she started taking deep breaths. "Not once, Hermione said it was all over the news, but no. I mean why would he call, they are only his daughters... were." Alice corrected herself when she realised it.

"I'm sorry." FP whispered pressing his lips to the top of Alice's head. "Alice, if there's anything I can do to help you-"

"There isn't." Alice cut off FP, there was no point on him to keep reminding her that. Alice knew he was there for her but there was literally nothing he could do. "We have to be on set in two days."

"Didn't Hermione talk with-"

"I won't set us all weeks back because of what happened to me. Mike's mother died last year because of cancer and you didn't-"

"Your mother died and...and so did your daughters, you can have more days off." They couldn't compare the situations because they were completely different, both very painful, but definitely different.

"Really? I forgot." Alice said resting her head on FP's chest. She looked at the watch on his wrist and saw it was still early and she told all the people in the kitchen that they could stay there and Alice was reconsidering that. "After the cake I'm going upstairs, I'm tired."

FP let out a deep breath and slightly nodded. "Ok sweetheart."