Chapter 34

Gladys drove FP back to the trailer. It was kind of late, but she refused FP when he told her she could sleep in his trailer that night and she drove back home to think about what just happened. FP was right, but it didn't mean it hurt less.

FP was a bit shaken by the events with Gladys, but he couldn't help it when a smile formed on his lips as he was standing in front of the door to Alice's trailer. He didn't bother knocking as he opened the door and made his way in.

Alice basically jumped up from the couch and sighed in relief when she saw it was just FP. "Weren't you supposed to-"

FP rushed to Alice and cut her off by pressing his lips against her. Alice didn't move at first, but she quickly melted into the kiss. Her arms were wrapped around FP's neck while one of his hands was on her cheek and with the other one he was pulling her closer, but it didn't last very long.

"Wait!" Alice placed her hands on FP's chest as she moved her head further from FP. "This isn't, aren't you-"

"I remember everything Alice." FP smiled at her and Alice was at a loss of words. "God it feels so good to remember." FP chuckled and he started placing kisses all over Alice's face.

"Hey, hey wait!" Alice laughed an stopped him again by slightly pushing him away, but FP didn't step back. His hands were still around her and he wasn't letting go. "You're still with Gladys."

"We're getting a divorce." FP sighed and the smile on his face faded. Alice had a surprised look on her face and FP decided to give her a larger explanation. "I could've died, I don't want to spend another day of my life away from you."

"And she just agreed?" Alice asked frowning and FP nodded. "What about Jughead?" The reason FP didn't divorce Gladys before was Jughead.

"He'll spend time with both me and Gladys, it'll be weird and probably hard, but there's no point on him living in a house where his parents are lying to him." FP sighed and Alice nodded. "You're incredible."

"What did I do now?" Alice laughed a little. She took a hold of one of FP's hands and led him to the couch. She let him sit down first before she sat on his lap. Alice missed being that close to him and she couldn't put into words how happy she was that they were so close to being together without having to hide it. For a second she felt guilty because her happiness meant Gladys's sadness in that moment.

"All this time when I didn't remember about us..." FP paused for a second as he wrapped his arms around Alice's waist. "You didn't say anything because you wanted me to be with Gladys and Jughead."

"Well..." Alice shrugged het shoulders and looked down at her hands in her lap. "I just wanted you to be happy."

"I am now." FP moved one of his hands to Alice's cheek and caressed it. "I love you so much baby."

Alice looked at FP as she bit her lower lip. "I missed this terribly." Alice hugged FP tightly and just stood there.

"I'm not going anywhere anymore." FP held Alice a little bit tighter, but she didn't mind it.

They stood like that for some time while they both let it all sink in. It was more for Alice than for FP. She thought about them and what was to come, but she also couldn't get her mother out of her mind. Alice didn't speak to anyone about what happened with her mother. Hermione insisted on talking, but Alice simply wouldn't so Hermione eventually gave up.

Alice didn't realise that tears were falling down her face until she sniffled and FP moved so he could look at her. "What's wrong?" FP looked at Alice truly concerned and she let out a loud sob.

"My mother." Alice sighed heavily and wiped away her tears. Others fell again so Alice wiped them away again and she got frustrated realising they wouldn't stop.

"It's ok to cry." FP said taking Alice's hands in his. "I'm here, ok?" FP asked and Alice nodded. She knew he was there, she wasn't trying to hide from him anymore. Alice just didn't want her mother to have such an impact on her.

"I hate her! I hate everythi-"

"You don't Alice." FP cut her off before she'd start saying things she'd regret. "You hate what she did because you wished she could spend time with your girls." FP told her and Alice slightly nodded. "Because that way she could live with them and it'd be easier for Betty and Polly because Susan is family."

"Was it too much to ask for?" Alice whispered to FP and he shook his head. "Then why didn't she try harder?"

"It's hard when you're an addict, especially her, you said she's been one your whole life, that's forty years Alice." FP wanted Susan to be better so Alice could be happy, but it was a hard thing for Susan to do and Alice was just wasting time, energy and tears with her.

"Whatever." Alice decided to step away from that topic, at least that night. "I'm tired."

"Then let's sleep." FP slightly smiled at Alice as he brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. The Susan subject wasn't over and Alice was going to be haunted by it for a while, but for tonight, they could rest and just be together.

FP and Alice walked to her bed. Alice was already wearing comfortable clothes unlike FP, but when she suggested he'd go and get something more comfortable FP refused. He just took off his jeans and laid down onto the bed next to Alice wearing a shirt and his boxers. He was very attractive in that moment and Alice was definitely turned on by him, but she missed him just being there. Besides they had a lot of time ahead of them for sex.

Alice turned so her back was facing FP. He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer so their bodies were pressed against each other. FP moved a little and placed a kiss behind Alice's ear before he closed his eyes. "Good night baby."

"Good night FP."