Chapter 42

It's been twelve hours since it happened. Alice was still on floor, FP asked her if she wanted or needed anything, he also tried to pull her up, but she wouldn't let him for a long time. Eventually she called his name and FP was quick to get to her. "Yes Alice." FP said quietly as if he spoke louder she would break. 

"Can you bring  me some water?" Alice asked barely recognising her own voice. Her throat was dry and it was hurting after all the crying. FP nodded his head and a few seconds later he was handing Alice a glass of water. 

After she drank some of it Alice looked at the floor. FP must've cleaned up most of the blood because there wasn't much anymore, only the blood on her clothes and a little around her feet. As she looked up at FP a strong flashback of what happened in the morning came into Alice's mind, she could hear the gunshots again and she startled, dropping the glass. "I don't know what to do." Alice said looking at the shattered glass on the ground. 

"Let's get you changed first, ok?" FP asked and Alice nodded because she had no idea what else to do. FP helped her up careful so she wouldn't cut herself into the glass. Alice's feet were numb because of the position she has been in the whole day and she almost fell back on the ground, but FP caught her. "Are you ok?"

"No." Alice shook her head looking up at FP and he regretted asking the question instantly. He wasn't talking about her psychological state because he knew she was definitely not ok when it came to that, but still.

"I'm sorry." FP whispered then he picked up Alice bridal style. He carried her to the bathroom and put her down there. He wasn't sure if Alice wanted to take a shower or anything like that, but she was covered in her daughters' blood, she needed that shower. "Do you want me to leave?"

"No." Alice slightly shook her head and FP nodded. He wasn't going to leave her side either way in that moment, but he didn't want Alice to feel controlled. 

Alice just stood still, she didn't make a move to undress herself so FP started helping her. He put the lid down and Alice sat on it. FP took off her shoes slowly then her socks. He did it all so slowly as if she would break if he touched her a little bit harder. Eventually FP undressed her completely and had the water running. 

Alice stepped into the tub and she sat down in it. She didn't feel like she was strong enough to stand up. When she looked down she saw blood in the water. "I'm so sorry." Alice whispered bursting in tears again. FP's heart was aching for her and for her two innocent daughters whose lives were ended by one heartless murderer.

Twenty minutes later Alice was out of the shower. FP brought her sweatpants and one of his t-shirts that he left there because those were the clothes he found on her bed. "Do you want me to bring the hair dryer?" FP asked Alice after she was fully dressed, but Alice shook her head. 

"Can you take me to see them tomorrow?" Alice asked letting out a loud breath, talking about her daughters was way harder than she could've ever imagined. 

"Of course." FP said and he went with Alice out of the bathroom. He expected her to go to her bedroom, but Alice looked at the door of her daughters' room. Alice opened the door and FP was right behind her, she knew it so she turned around. She didn't even have to speak, FP knew she wanted to be alone so he let her be alone. "I'll go make something for you to eat, I'll bring it here as soon as it's ready."

With that said FP walked downstairs. He ran his fingers through his hair as he made his way into the kitchen. He checked his phone before he started cooking and he saw about five missed calls from Hermione so he called her back. "Finally." Hermione said on the other end. "You're with Alice, right?"

"Yeah." FP nodded leaning against the counter as he let out a loud sigh. "It's horrible, it all is horrible." FP couldn't find his words, he had no idea what the appropriate thing to do was, but in situations like that there was no appropriate thing to do. 

"I'm on my way to the airport, I couldn't get a flight until now. How is she?" Hermione asked definitely worried and FP let out another sigh. 

"Not good, she's in their room now." FP said looking up at the stairs. "I'm making something to eat for her now."

"Then I'll let you to it, don't leave her alone for long." With that said Hermione hung up. 

FP made Alice a sandwich because it was all he could make with what she had left in the fridge and he made his way upstairs. He knocked on the door to the girls' bedroom and entered a few seconds later when he didn't hear an answer. FP freaked out for a second when he didn't see Alice there, but he turned to her bedroom and entered. "Here you are."

"Yeah." Alice said wiping away the tears that fell from her eyes, but she gave up because she couldn't stop them. "I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten all day." FP said sitting near her and Alice turned to get a tissue repeating that she wasn't hungry. "Just a couple of bites, please."

Alice gave in, she was a little hungry, but she didn't feel like doing anything that's why she said she wasn't hungry. She ate half of her sandwich before she put it back on the plate and laid back on the bed. FP moved next to her and he wrapped an around her. Alice turned in his embrace and buried her head in his chest as she started sobbing. FP just held her tightly without saying a word.