Chapter 57

A couple of days later early in the morning someone was knocking on the door at FP's and Alice's hotel room. "Who the hell is that?" FP asked grumpily and Alice shrugged her shoulders.

"You go get it honey, please." Alice told FP because she was still naked under the covers.

As the person on the other side knocked a few more times FP stood up from the bed and stretched. Seeing him do that made Alice realise she had plenty of time to put on a robe before the door would open so she did so.

FP opened the door just as Alice finished tying her robe and she looked in that direction. Her eyes slightly widened. "Good morning, I'm here to talk to Alice."

"Alice?" FP turned to look at her and Alice blinked a few times before she told Michael to come in.

"Just to Alice." Michael said when he saw that FP wasn't doing anything to leave and even after he said that FP still didn't move.

"How about you get some breakfast from us FP?" Alice asked hinting that she wanted to be alone with her father. FP quickly found a pair of shoes and he stepped out of the room. "Are you finally here to apologise?"

"No." Michael said simply and Alice hid the shock. Abigail told her that it wasn't the way Michael usually was so she expected him to be nicer to her the second time they'd meet, but it did not happen. "I'm here to tell you to stay as far away from me and my family as possible."

"What?" Alice asked raising her eyebrows. He was standing there in front of her wearing a fancy suit and looking extremely confident, but Alice didn't want to believe that the words he was addressing her were actually real.

"I said that you have to-"

"I heard what you said." Alice cut him off. She was one hundred percent sure he knew what she meant but he probably just wanted to twist the knife. "What did I ever do to you? Why don't you want to give me a chance?" Alice hated that those words came out of her mouth since she wasn't the one that needed to be given a second chance, Michael was.

"Don't." Michael said simply. "Just stay away from us." Alice couldn't understand him, the first time they saw each other it seemed like he actually wanted to make things better, Alice had a feeling it would be that way, but it changed.

"You don't get to make this choice for me." Alice wanted to sound firm, but she knew her voice was trembling. "But you have to answer my questions. Why?"

"Because you're a reminder of the failure I was." Michael didn't hesitate to say that and it has taken Alice aback. "Every time I look at you I'm reminded of how much of a nothing I was back then and I hate it."

"You hate it or me?" Alice asked quietly because she was sure that if she spoke louder she'd break down in tears. "Answer me!"

"I just wish I didn't have to go through this." Michael looked up at the ceiling for a couple of seconds but Alice didn't really notice because her anger was beginning to make its way to the surface.

"You? You wish you didn't have to go through this?" Alice asked a bit louder this time. "Because your life is terrible, I mean it's not like you have the perfect wife, two gorgeous children and oh, me who not thanks to you turned out great."

"I worked my ass off to get what I have now!" Michael raised his voice at Alice and she swallowed hard because she didn't expect it. "And you waltz into my life and ruin everything! All the balance! Everything! Why the hell do you have to do this? What's your plan? To come here, destroy my life then go back to your great life which shouldn't even exist?"

Alice was speechless. The thought of her being an unplanned baby had crossed her mind before but she pushed it away as far away as she could, but she couldn't ignore it in that second when her own father was yelling that in her face.

There was just silence between them but not for long since FP returned soon. "I forgot my-Alice!" The first thing FP saw when he entered was the look on Alice's face. That moment FP knew Michael did something, something he certainly shouldn't have done. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" FP turned to him and with his right hand he grabbed him by the collar, his left fist was clenched in the air.

"FP don't!" Alice stepped closer to him and grabbed him by the elbow of his raised hand. Michael didn't even flinch, but he did believe that FP might've actually punched him. "He's not worth it." Alice said as a tear rolled down her cheek and FP only let go of Michael to comfort Alice.

"Leave!" FP almost spit out to Michael right before he wrapped his arms tightly around Alice. A few second later Michael was out and Alice was taking a deep breath while in FP's embrace. "What did he do? Did he hurt you?"

"He didn't touch me." Alice let out a long heavy sigh before she wrapped her arms even tighter around FP. "He's awful."