Chapter 66

When Alice went back home she had already planned on asking FP what was going on with Abigail and she knew she found the perfect moment since Jughead was with his grandparents, Abigail with David and Jenna were visiting the city and Gladys was supposed to meet the man she was dating.

Alice walked inside the house, she hung her coat and purse, she put her keys down and walked in the living room where FP was watching some television. "Hey, perfect timing, Friends is on."

"I don't want to watch Friends." Alice moved in front of the TV just as FP turned down the volume and he stood a bit straighter on the couch to look at Alice.

"Is there something wrong? You seem...disturbed." FP said cocking his head to the side and Alice told him that yes, something was wrong. "What is it?"

"Are you cheating on me with Abigail?" Alice asked FP and for a few seconds that seemed like ages there was only silence. Alice was anxiously waiting for an answer from FP.

FP couldn't believe the words he was hearing. How could Alice think that he was cheating on him? Especially with Abigail. After the initial shock of hearing that question coming out of Alice's mouth, the anger and sadness took over FP. "You think I'm cheating on you?"

"I kind of do, yes." Alice nodded her head firmly even though she wasn't sure for how long she could be that strong because FP wasn't any man.

"Are you being serious or is this a stupid joke?" FP asked standing up and Alice seemed unsure of her next words, but she said them.

"I'm fucking serious FP. Do you think I'll ever joke about something like this?" Alice asked louder while she raised her eyebrows. She wasn't as confident as before considering the look on FP's face.

"Then you don't know shit about me if you think I'm cheating on you." FP's voice sounded even louder than Alice's and Gladys who was upstairs because her date was postponed walked downstairs to find out what was happening.

"Really?" Alice asked throwing her hands in the air. "You can't blame me for thinking this, you've cheated before and believe me I know. I was there and didn't happen that long ago."

"I ca-"

"What does this mean?" Gladys who was just walking down the stairs asked, cutting off FP. He and Alice turned to look at her both with guilt written all over their faces. "You've cheated before? On me?"

"Happy now?" FP asked looking over at Alice while she swallowed the lump on her throat. "I have Gladys and yes on you, I'm sorry. And Alice, I'm not cheating on you, especially not with your father's wife and if you thought I am, even for a second it makes me worry about out engagement."

FP hated that he caused that look on Gladys's face. The divorce wasn't easy on her and finding out that her ex-husband cheated on her wasn't something she wanted to know, adding to that the fact that her ex-husband's soon to be wife was practically living with them was the worst. He turned around and walked towards the door. "FP where, wait. FP don't." Alice went after him, but FP quickly put on his jacket and shoes and went outside where he got in his car and left despite Alice's tries to stop her.

When Alice went back inside Gladys wasn't there anymore either because she checked upstairs for her too so Alice was all alone in the house. She let herself fall on the couch and cradled her head in her hands. She's made a terrible mistake by thinking FP was cheating on her, she didn't have any actual evidence for that, but she was afraid he was so she needed to check. "Idiot!" By checking Alice ended up hurting two people that were close to her heart.

Hours later Joanna, David, Abigail and Gladys were back, but FP wasn't. Alice hasn't heard a word from him, he didn't answer any of her calls or text and she didn't know what to do anymore. Alice and Gladys didn't even talk since Gladys got back home and Alice was ashamed to tell Abigail or her half brother and sister what happened and why FP wasn't there so she tried to avoid the subject as much as possible.

Joanna, David and Abigail simply assumed they had some sort of fight couples have so they didn't ask Alice too much about it and after they all ate dinner everyone went to do their own thing.

Gladys was in her room and Alice knocked on the door nervously. "Come in." Gladys said from inside and Alice entered, closing the door behind her.

"Gladys, I'm sorry." Alice quietly said since she had no idea what else was appropriate. "It was a terrible thing FP and I did and-"

"Whatever, me and FP were already over." It didn't mean that it didn't suck for Gladys, but she thought that she should've expected something like that. "We'll be back to normal, I just need a couple of days to take it all in, you know?"

"Yes, of course." Alice nodded her head slightly as she played with her hands. "Uhm, I, probably this isn't the best thing to ask you know, but have you heard from FP? I'm worried and he isn't making it any easier." Alice let out a weird chuckle.

"He checked into a hotel, he's going to see Jughead to my parents' house and then he's going to the set." Gladys said and Alice was left speechless for a few seconds.

"We still have a few days left." Alice said quietly and Gladys nodded because she knew. "Do you happen to know what hotel he's staying at?"

"I do, but he doesn't want to see you right now and I'm going to respect his wish by not telling you the name of the hotel." Gladys sighed and Alice slightly smiled. She had a point. "But he's fine, I mean not fine, but safe."

"Thank you Gladys."