Chapter 71

At ten and a half Alice and FP were in different rooms in the church. Alice had her dress on and asked Joanna, Hermione and Abigail for the hundredth time if she looked ok and if FP would like it and they told her for the hundredth time that he wouldn't like, he would love it. "Where's Gladys?" Alice asked turning around from the mirror to look at the three women there in the room with her.

"She's bringing you someone." Abigail said and Joanna smiled at Alice. Her half sister was nervous and Joanna couldn't help but think for a second about her wedding, it wasn't going to happen for a while, but it was nice to think about it a little. 

"Who? You must know who's going to walk me down that aisle." Alice said and she threw her hands in the air when the three ladies refused to answer. "Whatever." Alice rolled her eyes and started imitating the women which made them laugh and Alice too after a little while, she was too happy not to laugh or smile at least.

Only about fifteen minutes later Gladys walked in the room and she wasn't alone. She was holding Jughead's little hand in hers, he was wearing an adorable suit and a beautiful smile was spread on his face. "Ta-dah!"

"The greatest person." Alice smiled as Jughead let go of his mother's hand and walked to her. "So you're the one walking me down the aisle big guy?"

"Yes!" Jughead said firmly and Alice chuckled. He wrapped his arms around Alice and she crouched down to hug him back. Some other bride would worry about the dress, but Alice's dress was pretty simple. It was white, plain and long with a v-neck and no sleeves. "You look pretty." Jughead said when he stepped away and looked at her.

"Thank you." Alice gave him a sweet smile as she turned again and took another look at herself in the mirror. She asked herself if her hair was ok the way it was or if she should've just let it down, but she decided it looked perfect as a bun and with two strands of hair on each side which framed her face perfectly.

A woman with a small microphone pecked her head through the crack of the door and announced Alice that they should get started. "Let's get started then." Alice smiled at her before she went out and announced the people to start the music just as Alice and Jughead walked outside through a back door so they would enter through the church's front doors.

Just as the music started Alice took her bouquet in her right hand and Jughead's hand in her other. "Are you nervous?" Jughead asked Alice before they started walking.

"Not at all." Alice smiled at the little boy. "I love your father, I know this is right." Those words had too much weight for a little kid like Jughead, but some time later in life he would understand them. "Ready to walk in there?" Alice asked Jughead the question she should've been asked and the boy told her yes.

Everyone was looking in their direction as Alice and Jughead made their way inside, but Alice's eyes were glued to FP, just as his were to her. They slowly walked down the aisle as the music played and as they got closer to FP Alice could see the tears in his eyes.

FP loved the whole moment. Alice was gorgeous and he was going to marry her just moments later. And everything was made even better because Jughead was right next to her, holding her hand.

But that perfect moment came to an end when Alice crouched down so Jughead could kiss her cheek then he went to sit near his mother as Alice handed the bouquet to Hermione and walked in front of FP. "You look dashing."

"You are perfect." FP said with a smile as he lifted up his hand sand reached for Alice's.

All the while the priest held a speech Alice and FP just looked at each other, having a silent conversation just by the looks in their eyes. They didn't hear a word the priest said and they couldn't care less about it since all that mattered to them in that exact moment was each other.

Eventually they were snapped out of their thoughts when the important part came. "Do you,  Forsythe Pendleton Jones the Second, take Alice Smith to be your beloved wife?"

FP watched Alice as the smile on his face grew bigger. "I do." Those few days before the wedding FP and Alice tried to use 'I do' as much as possible like they were rehearsing for the big moment.

"Do you, Alice Smith, take Forsythe Pendleton Jones the Second to be your beloved husband?"

"I do." Alice said and she felt FP squeezing her hands just a little after she spoke.

"The rings please." The priest asked and Fred came with them.

Alice put FP's ring on his finger and he did the same to her. "Now I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

FP didn't need to be told twice. He placed his hands on Alice's hips as he cupped her cheeks and kissed her deeply. Everyone in the church started clapping their hands and cheering for them and they didn't stop when FP and Alice parted. "I love you."

"I  love you too."