Chapter 46

FP did just as promised. He and Hermione kept busy all day long and only went back to the trailer at eight. As for Alice, she didn't do much. All her plans just didn't happen. She wanted to look through pictures of the girls and her, to make pancakes the way Polly loved them and she also wanted to watch a couple of Polly's favourite movies. But all she was able to do was lay in bed.

When FP and Hermione entered the trailer Alice was on the bed, the same way they left her in the morning. "Alice, what happened?" Hermione asked making her way to her friend with FP following close behind.

Alice didn't say a word, she just stared at the wall in front of her. "Alice, baby." FP climbed into bed behind her and placed a hand on her arm. "I thought you had plans."

"Alice." Hermione and FP both kept trying on getting her to talk or to even look at them, but Alice just stood still wanting them to leave her alone and eventually that's what she got when they made their way outside, but not for long.

When the door closed behind them FP and Hermione started talking to one another. "I thought she was getting better."

"It seemed to good to be true and it turned out to be that way." FP said nervously scratching the back of his neck. Alice was occupying her time with anything so she just wouldn't have to deal with the loss of her girls. "How do we get her to talk?"

"She won't." Hermione sighed heavily as she placed her hands on her hips. "She's in too much pain, she needs time to focus on herself and process what happened. Maybe it's time for her to talk to a therapist."

"And you think she'll just agree with this?" FP asked knowing very well that trying to talk Alice into seeing a therapist was going to be one hell of a job.

"No, but she has to eventually." With that said Hermione entered the trailer again and FP was right behind her. She was just about to open her mouth and talk when FP placed a hand on her back and Hermione knew he wanted to try something first so she walked to the couch and watched them from there.

FP kneeled in front of Alice and pushed a few strands of hair away from her face. "Sweetheart..." FP started quietly, his face just a few inches away from Alice's so she had no other choice but look at him. "What did you do today?"

"Nothing." Alice whispered so quietly FP barely heard her. She was in so much emotional pain so to distract herself from that Alice started digging her nails into her palms.

FP realised it and he slowly took her hands in his. "This isn't good for you." FP opened her palms and he wasn't surprised to see blood on them. "Why didn't you go through with your plans?"

Alice slightly shook her head and closed her eyes after a few tears rolled her already wet cheeks. FP knew why, of course he did, but he wanted to get Alice to talk about it. "I couldn't." Alice said opening her eyes, her vision was blurry because of the tears.

"Why?" FP asked again and it was making Alice feel frustrated but even like that she answered.

"It hurts, too much." Alice took a deep breath as FP placed one of his hands on her cheek. "I failed."

"You didn't fail-"

"Yes, I did." Alice said a bit louder and in that moment Hermione could hear her too. "If I hadn't failed, Polly and Betty would be alive-"

"Alice-"

"Don't interrupt me, please." Maybe if she hadn't add that 'please' at the end FP wouldn't have let her to continue, but he did and he was glad he did because as painful as it was he thought that maybe it help Alice a little bit. "I wanted to see them grow up. To see them on their first dates, first boyfriends, every first, be there all the time even just fight with them because of stupid things. But I won't have that, ever, I have nothing left."

"Ok." FP was going to tell her that it wasn't true because she had him, Hermione and all those beautiful people around her, but he changed his mind the last moment. Alice needed to be understood and listened to, maybe that was going to help. "I bet you haven't eaten all day so I'm going to get you something to eat."

"Can't Hermione do it?" Alice asked because even though she said she had nothing, deep down she knew she had so many people that cared about her and one of them was the love of her life and he was kneeling right in front of her. "I just, this bed is kind of empty."

"I'll do it." Hermione who heard most of the talk told them as she got up.

FP got in bed behind Alice and he hugged her tightly from behind. Alice pushed herself into him to feel the familiar heat of his body. Alice couldn't really feel like she could keep making conversation with FP so she decided to let her actions speak as she brought his right hand to her lips and pressed them softly against it.

FP realised immediately what she meant by that and a small smile formed on his lips. "I love you too Alice."