Chapter 9

Alice moved a little forward with her arms still wrapped around herself and FP took a deep breath. "You don't come first in my life." FP let out and then there was silence.

Deep down Alice knew it, she knew she didn't come first, she didn't even come second but she would be lying if she said that FP didn't hurt her in that moment. "Nice." She nodded her head.

"It sucks, but it's true." FP meant much more than that, but he wanted to be forward to Alice about it and get it done quickly because there was no point in making that conversation longer than it should've been considering that Alice should've known that already.

" 'It sucks, but it's true'? Is that really what you have to say to me?" Alice asked standing up and looking down at FP. "Really?" Alice asked again when FP didn't say a word.

"What did you expect?" FP asked at first raising his voice then lowering it so no one else outside the trailer would hear them.

"Some sensibility, that's what I expected." Alice said firmly gesturing between the two of them when FP stood up himself.

FP was used to fights because he and Gladys weren't the perfect couple and his relationship with Alice could prove that so he just talked to Alice the way he'd talk to Gladys who was far more crazier during fights than Alice and FP was about to see that. "You knew it, stop pretending it bothers you."

Alice raised her eyebrows at the firm tone that FP had. "I could say it doesn't, I could say that I'm fine with it and all that crap that you wanna hear, but I won't."

"Fine." FP crossed his arms over his chest and posted himself steady on his feet in front of Alice waiting for her to explode like Gladys would.

"I actually won't say a thing." Alice  expected FP to be nicer and try to make the situation better, but he didn't so instead of telling him how much it hurt her to hear those words even though she knew it was all true Alice shook her head slightly.

"Then I'll get something for us to-"

"You're going to your trailer. I'm not spending any more time with you tonight." Alice cut off FP. She didn't want to pretend that she was fine and she needed FP to know that he hurt her because Alice wasn't going to get into a relationship that would do her no good.

"Come o-"

Alice stepped back when FP tried to reach for her hand. "Get out FP!" She said firmly cutting him off and FP seemed surprised.

"But-"

"Out!" Alice didn't want to hear another word from him that night. She watched as FP made his way outside.

Alice walked around the trailer for a couple of minutes running her fingers through her hair thinking about what just happened. She eventually picked up her phone from the counter and dialed Hermione's number. "Alo?" Hermione asked even though she knew who it was.

"Hi Hermione, do you have time to talk?" Alice asked and when Hermione told her that she had Alice sat down as she let out a sigh. "What about?"

"FP and I had a fight." Alice said playing with a strand of her hair as she waited for Hermione to speak.

"Really?" Hermione asked looking at Fred across the room and he nodded his head in a way that said that he expected it. "What was it about?" Hermione asked sounding a little too excited, but fortunately Alice didn't hear it that time.

"Something I already knew-" Alice started talking but Hermione cut her off asking what exactly it was about. "-he told me I don't come first in his life." Alice sighed feeling a twinge of pain in her chest as she said those words.

"And you won't for years to come." Hermione said and for a second Alice was surprised, she didn't expect Hermione to say that, she should've been there for her. "This thing between you two is a mistake and you know it."

"No, it's no-"

"He has a wife." Hermione cut Alice off, she didn't want Alice to get hurt or/and involved in a huge scandal that would hurt her as well.

"I'm very well aware of that." Alice said hating to be reminded of it. She knew it, it was in the back of her mind all the time, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

"FP will be married to her at least five more years, maybe more or maybe he won't divorce her." Hermione continued, she didn't like being the one that had to bring that up to Alice especially because she was Alice's go to friend and she would probably be mad at Hermione for some time. "You'll never get what normal couples have, like going to the cinema for the first time, or to the mall, the museum, the restaurant, going ice skating or spending vacations together." Those words got to Alice more than Hermione expected. "He can't give you that."

"Bye Hermione." Alice didn't have the will power to fight Hermione in that moment. She hung up and threw the phone across the room letting it fall on the ground.

Alice brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them letting out a sigh. She somehow hoped they could eventually sneak out and do some of those things, but it was impossible and she knew it. Even like that Alice would rather spend all that time with FP in their trailers than having to spend it away from him as much as possible.