Chapter 11

Alice startled when she heard a knock on the door because she expected FP to just enter. "Come in!" She said as loud as she could in that moment and was surprised to see a man entering her trailer. Alice stood up and almost fell before she was steady on her feet. "Who are you?" Alice asked the tall man that closed the door behind him.

"I'm Tom, FP's friend, the doctor." Tom said setting his things on the counter in the trailer's kitchen. 

"Great." Alice rolled her eyes and sat back down on her bed.

Until FP got back to the trailer Tom checked Alice to make sure it was actually meningitis and he was right. "How's everything?" FP asked entering the trailer and Tom told him that Alice was going to be fine in a couple of weeks. "Thanks for coming Tom."

"Any time man." Tom and FP hugged before Tom left and Alice was again alone with FP. 

"I thought the phone consult was enough." Alice said sitting on the couch and bringing her knees to her chest. 

"I told you I'd get a doctor to see you and I did." FP just wanted to make sure it was nothing more serious. He put the bag with medication on the counter and looked on his phone at what Alice was supposed to take that night. "Did you eat anything?" 

"Yeah." Alice said moving a little so she could be more comfortable where she was sitting but she couldn't find a better position so eventually she gave up. 

"Then just take this and this." FP came to Alice with two pills and a glass of water, but Alice only took the water. 

"I'm not taking those." Alice drank a little before she handed the glass back to FP.

"Alice, it'll help with the aches." FP said seriously sitting down next to her, but Alice shook her head and that's when it occurred to FP why Alice wouldn't take the pills. "These aren't drugs, you know that?"

Alice looked at FP and her eyes slightly widened. She didn't expect him to get it that fast to be that forward about it, but he was right. "I know." Alice said quietly.

Alice didn't make a move to take the pills or the glass from FP, so he figured that the best way to handle it was to talk to her so FP made his way and placed the things in his hand on the counter before he went back to Alice. She turned so she could look at him and FP placed a hand on her knees while with the other one he was holding hers. "How long has it been since you last talk to your mom?"

"A couple of days." Alice said and she could tell FP was figuring out how that happened. "She got out of rehab a week ago." FP seemed to get it then and Alice let out a loud sigh.

"Did you see her?" FP asked and Alice shook her head. 

"I haven't seen her in two months." Alice shrugged her shoulders and looked down at her fingers intertwined with FP's. She never liked talking about her mother to anyone, not even with Hermione. Hermione knew about the situation and she hardly brought it up because Alice wouldn't talk, part of Hermione's job was also to make sure that when Alice's mother relapsed she'd go to rehab and when she came back she'd have a place to stay and some money to help her, but she would always spend the money on drugs.

"Do you want-"

"No." Alice cut off FP. She felt responsible for her mother for some reason, but Alice definitely didn't want to spend more time with her than necessary. 

"Alice you have to take those." FP gestured with his head towards where the pills were and Alice shook her head. "You're sick, you're in pain and maybe it won't go away for much longer than Tom said. You have to get to your girls eventually." FP said and the moment he brought up Polly and Betty he had Alice.

"You suck." She let out a loud sigh as a smile formed on FP's lips and he went to get it for Alice. A few moments later FP placed the empty glass in the sink and walked over to Alice. "Thanks." 

FP sat down next to Alice and she gestured for him to move further. "I won't catch-"

"I wanna lie down." Alice cut off FP and he chuckled before he moved to the other end of the couch and she placed her head on her lap as she turned on her back. 

"I'm really sorry about-"

"I know." Alice cut off FP as he ran his fingers through her hair, playing with it. "But you seemed different when we had that...fight."

"It's what I do every time I fight with Gladys." FP let out a sigh.

"Well I'm not her." Alice pointed out and FP nodded.

"I know and I love you for who you are." FP said and he looked at Alice. He's been dying to say those exact three words for some time and it felt incredible to let them out. "And I promise I'll be more, Alice, Alice?"

"Yeah, yeah what?" Alice was still enjoying FP's words from before.

He laughed a little before he leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "You got stuck there?" FP asked with a wink and Alice rolled her eyes.

"Well excuse me for enjoying the moment." Alice said sarcastically and FP shook his head in amusement.

"Sorry, here enjoy it one more time because I love you Alice Smith." FP said smiling from ear to ear.

"I love you FP Jones."