Chapter 54

Alice got in her car and started driving to the hotel when he phone rang. She saw FP's name on the screen along with a picture of them and she answered it and put it on speaker mode. "You're still with them?" FP asked and Alice shook her head as she spoke.

"No I'm going to the hotel." Alice said and when she heard her voice she knew that FP would know she cried.

"What did they say?" FP asked wanting to know what happened that made Alice cry.

"I'm driving FP, I really don't want to talk about it now." Alice said taking a deep breath. "I'll let you know when I get back to the hotel. Bye!" With that said Alice hung up and she didn't answer when FP called again and again and again.

Alice went into her hotel room and threw herself on the large bed. All she wanted to do was sleep it off because if she didn't sleep she'd spend all that time thinking about what happened.

~ ~ ~

FP was putting a few things that he might need for a short trip in a luggage when Gladys walked in. "I just got off the phone, you can catch the next plane to LA. But you need to calm down FP."

"Alice hasn't answered my phone calls or texts for hours Gladys and she was shaken when I last talked to her." FP closed the luggage and turned to look at Gladys. "How long until I'm there?"

"If you catch this plane it shouldn't be more than four maybe five hours." Gladys said pursing her lips and crossing her arms over his chest. "I know you need to check on Alice, but I have a feeling she's fine."

"A feeling's not enough for me." FP said although he appreciated Gladys's optimism. She nodded and they walked down the stairs and to the front door from where FP called for Jughead.

The boy came running to his father with a sad expression on his face and FP hated that he had to go. "Come give dad a hug." FP said with a small smile on his face and Jughead hugged him tightly like his life depended on it. "I'll be back soon with Alice, ok?"

"Can't I come?" Jughead asked leaning backwards and FP shook his head to the boy's disappointment.

"I promise we'll come back soon Jug." FP pressed a kiss to his forehead and Jughead smiled before he ran hearing the back door open. "What's-"

"I'm driving you to the airport, a friend of mine is watching Jug." Gladys said taking the keys to her car. FP smiled at her and said a quiet 'thank you'.

Just as Gladys said FP was in the lobby of the hotel Alice was staying at four hours and a half later. He knew what room she was in and he walked straight there. He had to knock on the door multiple times before Alice opened it. "FP?" She asked with a frown and her mouth remained slightly open.

"The one and only." FP slightly smiled and Alice threw herself in his arms. She just woke up, FP could tell that, but she was genuinely happy as to what she had woken up to.

"Have I told you how much I love you and appreciate everything you do for me?" Alice asked as she leaned backwards to look at FP.

"I know." FP said placing his hands on both her sides. "I love you too."

"Ok now, come in." Alice said smiling a little as FP picked up his luggage. He put it down near the bed and they sat down on it.

Alice took his hands in hers and gently squeezed them. She was beyond happy that FP was there because she could use having him around. "Let's talk about what happened now."

"Not much happened." Alice shrugged her shoulders and took a deep breath. "Abigail and the kids were nice, I think I'll have lunch with them tomorrow."

"That's great." FP said with a half smile because if they were great and Alice was still upset it meant that Michael wasn't great.

"Yeah, it is." Alice nodded her head slowly and FP cupped her cheek to make her look at him.

"What did he to?" FP asked emphasising the word 'he'.

"Well in one phrase he said that my daughters death is my fault and that I'm not one of his children." Alice could feel her eyes watering and she hated it. "Why does he get to have such an effect on me?" Alice asked FP and he cocked his head to the side because he didn't have an answer for her. "He didn't seem to care about a thing that I said."

"That's his loss Alice." FP said moving his thumb slowly across her cheek and Alice leaned into his touch.

"Then why I'm the one who feeling like she's lost?" Alice asked FP as a tear rolled down her cheek. He pulled her into his arms and Alice let out a loud sigh.

"I don't know." FP whispered as he caressed Alice's back and she took a deep breath.

"It's not fair." Alice said and FP knew what she meant. It wasn't fair that after what Michael's done - after abandoning her and never looking for her - Alice was the one feeling that way.

"That I know."