Chapter 58

Alice was playing with the food that was in her plate. FP was sitting across from her looking at her with a sad look on his face which turned to anger the moment he thought of Michael. "I can't believe how someone can be like that."

"Me neither." Alice sighed and put her fork down. She placed her elbows on the table and rested her chin on the back of her hands.

"Why the hell would he treat you like that? Why would he-"

"We won't find an answer by asking ourselves these questions." Alice cut off FP. "I just wished I had someone to walk me down the aisle."

FP reached for her hand and Alice moved to hold his. He squeezed her hand gently and Alice slightly smiled at him. "But I guess I can walk by myself, the important thing is that when I finish walking down that aisle I'll get to you. And I will marry you, the love of my life."

FP brought her hand to his lips and kissed it gently. "I love you Alice." FP said and she smiled at him. It was all he needed, to see her genuinely smile.

"We should go back tomorrow." Alice told him and FP frowned because Alice definitely didn't have closure with all that happened.

"We have two more weeks before work starts." FP said hoping Alice would reconsider it. He hated Michael because of what he was doing, but it didn't mean that Alice had to leave like that. Maybe she had something else to say to him that she didn't think of yet.

"I want to go home FP." Alice said cocking her head to the side as she looked down at their intertwined fingers.

FP just looked at her, a smile quickly spread across his face and when Alice looked up at him she couldn't not wonder why so she asked him. "Home." It was all FP needed to say for Alice to understand what he meant. "You consider that place your home?" FP asked about his house.

"Not necessarily the place." Alive shrugged her shoulders slightly. She didn't stay a long time at his house. "At least not as much as the people."

"If you really want to go home we will, but you should-"

"I'm going to see them after we're done here. We can pack our things and go straight home from their house." Alice wasn't going to let go of those three people in that family that she's grown attached to.

"Ok then."

And that's exactly what they did. They packed all they had left at the hotel and drove to her father's house after they checked out. Alice and FP both walked inside after Abigail invited them. Alice went into another room to talk to Abigail, David and Joanna while FP made his way into the living room from where Michael had been watching Alice with anger in his eyes. "I told her-"

"You can't tell her what to do." FP cut off Michael and sat on the armchair across from him. "And you're going to listen to me you pathetic piece of crap."

"I won't allow you to-"

"Whatever, just shut up and listen!" FP cut him off again, he was sharp, but he lowered his voice because he didn't want the others to hear their conversation. "Alice didn't come here to get stepped on by some jerk like you. She just wanted to have a family-"

"She has yours." It was Michael's turn to cut FP off and FP was visibly annoyed by it, but Michael didn't care.

"You're her fucking father." FP said leaning forward to be a bit closer to Michael. "And you couldn't care less for her. She wouldn't talk to you like this out of respect, but you don't deserve better. The only thing I want you to consider is being a good father, a decent person and get over the fact that she reminds you of the piece of trash you were, because she isn't the reminder. You are. If I'm right you feel like crap because you know that what you did was wrong and Alice deserves a thousand times better than you."

FP was almost done talking when he realised the voices of Alice and the others were getting closer. "Come walk her down the aisle, be there for her, be a father to her. Don't take it all away."

FP stood up just as the others stopped talking. By the look on Michael's face he didn't seem convinced of FP's words and FP felt a huge weight on his shoulders because in that moment he started debating whether he was going to tell Alice what they talked about or not. "We're good to go." Alice told FP and when he looked at her he knew she shed a few tears, just like Abigail, David and Joanna near her, mostly because they weren't sure when they could see again and because of how Michael was against it.

"Ok, let's go honey."