Chapter 19

The following weeks Gladys managed to go on set every weekend and spend it with FP. Sometimes she would bring Jughead too, it was like she knew something was going on with FP and that's why she was doing it.

It was Alice's birthday and she took the day off to celebrate it with her girls at home. But when it got late Alice tucked them in bed and she waited for FP to call her because he promised that he was going to stop at her place and they would spend the night together. It was around ten when FP called and as Alice answered she got up from her bed. "Are you at the doo-"

"Alice I can't come." FP cut Alice off in a whisper and Alice felt her heart break once. "I'm sorry, Gladys is on set, she's actually-"

"In the trailer and you can't talk." Alice finished for FP as she let herself fall back on her bed. "Ok, fine, good night FP." Alice didn't wait for his reply as she hung up immediately.

Alice stood up and she started walking around the room, she hated that she let herself believe that FP could actually get there. Alice picked up the bottle of wine she prepared thinking that FP would come and she threw it against a wall. She realised how impulsive the gesture was when she heard the glass shatter. Alice quickly started to pick up the pieces of glass and she managed to cut her finger in a piece just when Betty made her way to the bedroom and knocked on it.

Alice stood up, grabbed a napkin and wrapped it around her finger as she made her way to the door knowing that she woke up the girls. "Honey, I'm so sorry I woke you." Alice said seeing Betty.

Betty looked up at her mother and saw the red napkin around her finger. "Mommy!" Betty said pointing there and Alice let out a short sigh.

"It's nothing honey, I just dropped a plate and I wanted to clean it up." Alice quickly came up with a lie and her little innocent daughter bought it.

"Ok mommy." Betty said and turned to go back to the bedroom she was sharing with her sister. Alice knew that at some point they would need separate bedrooms and Alice was ready for that, but she wanted them to stay in the same bedroom for as much as possible so they could have a strong bond. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you sweetheart." Alice smiled watching her daughter making her way back into her bedroom.

Alice took care of her finger before she went back to bed. She didn't get any sleep that night and she was supposed to be back on set early in the morning. In a way Alice was scared of seeing FP again, but at the same time she couldn't wait.

FP managed to convince Gladys to go home to Jughead because he shouldn't have to spend his life with both his parents gone. So when Alice arrived there FP was in her trailer. "Happy birthday." FP said even though he was a day late. Alice threw the keys she had on the couch and looked at FP.

He walked to Alice and hugged her tightly before he took a little box that was on the counter and handed it to Alice. "I hope you like it." FP said with a smile on his face which faded when Alice threw the box where she threw her keys. "What's wrong?"

"This is wrong." Alice gestured between them. "This is very wrong." Alice whispered feeling the pain in her chest intensifying.

"Our love isn't wrong Alice." FP said taking her hands in his and Alice looked down.

"Our love or mine?" Alice asked without looking at FP, she was afraid of what she might see.

"I love you!" FP said firmly and gently squeezed Alice's hands. "I love you so much."

"This hurts..." Alice paused and looked at FP. He saw the tears falling down her face and he lifted his hand to wipe them away. "So much."

"I'm sorry." FP wrapped his arms around Alice tightly. He had no idea what else he could say, he hated the way he made her feel, but FP felt like he couldn't live without her, he wanted Alice, he needed her.

"Sorry isn't enough." Alice said and stepped away from FP. "I-I knew what I got myself into, but it gets worse." Alice walked over to the bed and sat down on it as FP watched her. "You're sleeping with her, we had the weekends, we don't have them anymore, she's here so much time and it sucks. I hate it FP, I hate that I have to share you." Alice ran her hands over her face before she let them fall on her lap.

"Ali-"

"I'm the other woman, the mistress, I know I can't ask you to leave her." Alice cut off FP as he got closer to her. "I don't even know what I want to tell you." Alice stopped as she took a few deep breaths and let out an annoyed sighs when she realised that the tears won't stop from falling as much as she'd like them to. "No, I-I guess I do. I want you to know that I'm hurting, a lot, my heart breaks every time I see you two together, laughing, kissing, just standing, oh god and when I think about you and her." Alice shook her head wondering if there was a way to stop the pain.

"Please Alice." FP said as he kneeled in front of her. He was panicking, he didn't want Alice to leave him, he knew that if he tried he could make her at least a little happier than she was. FP wanted at least to try.

Alice shook her head looking at FP then he spoke again. "Please don't leave me." FP's eyes were watering and Alice found that heartbreaking, she didn't want to hurt him, that was the last thing she wanted. "I'm begging you baby, please don't."

Alice swallowed hard when FP took one of her hands in his and kissed it. She couldn't refuse him, she wasn't that cruel, she couldn't just tell him to go to hell and forget about him, it was the last thing she wantrd to do. "Please."

"Ok." Alice nodded and FP looked up at her with a small smile on his face.

"Really? You're in?" FP asked his eyes sparkling and Alice couldn't help it, she slightly smiled at FP. Her smile and the tears in her eyes being at complete opposite poles.

"I'm in."