You made a promise?!

Some weeks had went by and as we continue our journey to try find Naraku as well as collecting the remaining jewels shards before him, we had faced many obstacles along the way and yet I felt like we were not getting any closer. We had made camp and I sat at a base of tree when Kaito plopped down across from me. I raised a brow, "Your father didn't say it in so many words, but when he flashed his aura against mine I now figured out what he meant when he did." he said which left me more confused. 

"I can control my aura." I said huffing and he chuckled. 

"I know you can, I want to help you sharpen it to where it comes more easily for you." Kaito remarked and I gave him a look of surprise. Kaito was willing to do that? "He said your aura was like his fathers strong and honed in, let's get yours the same way." 

"Wait. What are you talking about Kaito" Piped up Inuyasha through the weeks Inuyasha had asked me about father and I had told him, told him of his grandfather as well. Although he had left the lands and I had never seen him again. 

"Toga, your father. Felt her aura spike like it had when Kagura pissed her off, well a part of it was Kouga, but anyways, Milena Aura here is like your grandfathers or so Toga claims. She has it under control, but it isn't honed in. " Kaito said "I think Toga was trying to tell me that the best way to hone it is to battle it against an aura that isn't demonic in a sense." 

"Ah okay so what would she have to do?" Kagome says intrigued by it as well with Miroku and Sango. 

"Well all she has to do is rise her Aura at the same time I do." Kaito said 

"Whoa hold on though, what if her aura completely over throws yours?" Inuyasha retorted. 

"It won't, I have control over it." I said "Besides remember want I told you Inuyasha, you control the power that is given to you all you have to do is have faith in yourself." 

"alright alright, I get it. " he said shutting up. I turned my attention back to Kaito and we raised our aura up against each other I could his pushing at me with eagerness and I pushed back just slightly. I could sense the untold conversation that he had with Father, just when father had pushed his on aura against Kaito. 

My father had showed him what he needed to do just like Kaito had said to me. Kaito pushed at me and I could feel the sharpness of it and I pushed back making mine sharper. I could his spiritual energy attacking me and raised my aura a bit more when he did. There was a lot of back and forth between us and we both stopped at some point needing to take a break. "Your aura is menacing." Kaito commented giving me a respectful smile. 

"I could say for yours master monk" I say smiling myself. The next day we were back on the road talking among each other and what to expect if we ran into any one of the incarnations that were of Naraku. By afternoon we had gotten hungry and no where near a village to grab something and Kagome was about to pull out her instant ramen when I stopped her. 

"I say we hunt for lunch today." I requested and Sango perked up at the idea. 

"That's a good idea, I hadn't had a good hunt in a while." She says. "Maybe hunt down an animal big in size eat what we can and sell the rest at near by village for a bit of coin." 

"That's not a bad idea." Kaito said slightly excited by the idea. So Miroku and Kagome stayed behind and prepared a small camp while Inuyasha, Sango, Kaito and I went to find lunch for the day. We walked into the dense forest to seek out our prey and I turned to little brother. 

"Don't use Tetsusaiga please." I say and he nodded and we continued our search. I could hear the birds above me, the trees rustling as the wind went past. The crunching of our feet hitting the ground as we walked, I heard it all.  I had our prey in sight after 20 minutes of looking around and was about to give the signal to strike it down, when some one came running and it look like she was running for her life.

As she passed as I saw why, a boar demon about the size of a hut came galloping after her. It ran passed us and I give that thing chase as the others followed. The girl had ran right out of the forest and turned around. I used my poison whip to grab hold of its feet and pulled it out from under the boar making the big best fall. 

"huh!" the girl say opening an eye, for she was prepared for the hit. The boar got back it's surroundings and turned to me with a snort and charged at me. I jumped up onto a branch of a tree. Just then I saw Sango's Boomerang flying towards the boar hitting the animal on the shoulder. 

"This thing is huge, but oh so fun!" Inuyasha said pulling out Tetsusaiga. 

"Don't!" I yelled using poison whip and pulling on one of it's legs to lose it's balance. " This is lunch!" The boar charged towards any target and laid it beady eyes on Kaito. He raised his staff whacked the animal on the head and rolled out of the way just in time. I snarled and transformed right when it had decided to charge once more and I met the thing in the middle. I got behind his head and snapped down, he fought tossing his head as much as he could trying to drive it's tusk into side. 

"Kouga what the hell are you doing here!" Inuyasha barked annoyed as the boar finally died in my jaws. I had raised a paw and licked at the fur on my left forearm. I went back to my human form with a grin of success. Next thing my ears picked up was a loud slap and I turned my head that way. 

The girl we had saved from the boar had slapped Kouga and I growled as I stormed over there. "Why..." I was cut short by her. 

"Where have you been! You promised that we would marry, once I was older!" she said and I blinked my eyes and turned to Kouga who looked confused. 

"Marry? When did I promise that!" he said. 

"What is going on!" I said finally getting the wolves attention. " Hi I'm Milena nice to meet you." 

"Ayame, Kouga here saved me when I was a kid, and he promised me that when I got older he'd marry me." Ayame said and I turned to Kouga. 

"I don't recall ever saying that! If I did I'm sorry Ayame, my feelings have changed." he said sounding sincere. 

"Changed? What do you mean? Are you breaking the promise?" she in turned questioned. I heard Kouga sighed heavily before speaking once more. 

"Yes, I am. You're a sweet girl and I know your heart was set for this, but I'm already mated to someone." he said trying his hardest to be nice about it for Ayame's sake. 

"Wait a minute! " I interrupted " You make a promise?!"