Hana! No!!

Kaito's P.O.V

We followed Inuyasha as we went to track down Milena. I had no idea that talking about Selira,  would make her off like that after telling me about Selira. I felt for her, Selira was like a sister to her growing up and losing her had taken effect on her as well as Joushiro. On our way of tracking her down we ran into Joushiro. He took notice of Milena's absence immediately. "Where is Millie?" he asked his voice worried. He was covered in gunpowder and smoke and I realized he had just gotten out of a battle with someone. 

I saw a flash of silver on his shoulder and widen my eyes. He carried two fluffs. one was his obviously the other I could only assume was Selira's. "We don't know where she took off to. I asked her about Selira and she..." I started and I heard Joushiro sigh. 

"Both of us took Selira death pretty hard. If it hadn't been for Selira, Millie wouldn't be the person she is now. She must've taken off to look for Hana and bring her back to me." he said 

"There's another thing Joushiro." I said getting his attention. "you know anything about a Demon seer named Mukasha?" He growled and paced when the name dropped my lips. "The demon told her something and she hasn't been the same since." I add. 

"That's because the old bag told her of that prophecy years ago! Said that Millie would fall in love with a human, but would not tell who this human was. Also said a wolf would come into her life and shroud of darkness looming over another." he said irritated. " Did Millie tell you what the prophecy was about?" 

"No as I said she hasn't been the same Milena since." I said. "How long ago was that one?" 

"Two months before Selira gave birth to Hana." he remarked. "Even that one sent her to a dark place. She doesn't like anyone telling her what her future is going to be. I do know it bothers her to no end, but she hates the old bag." I could tell his mind was trying to circle over what was said years ago. 

"What's this about a shroud of darkness looming over another?" Sango asked concerned. Joushiro shrugged saying they never bothered to ponder about it as to not over worry Selira. 

"This could be very foreboding. Has the old demon ever been wrong?" Miroku implied. 

Joushiro sighed. "No she has never been wrong, all her visions have come true one way or another." After that we left quickly to find Milena, Joushiro traveled with us. I couldn't help, but notice that the people that went passed us stood a distance away from us. 

'He's a daiyoukai and everyone knows it.' I thought. "Um have you talked....." I started he only chuckled dryly. 

"Like I told Sesshomaru, My mother had killed them. Not having the heart to kill instantly wounded her to the point her healing wouldn't be able to recover from. " he said "There's not much left of my clan since Sesshomaru outrage." 

"I'm sorry." I said and he turned to look at me. 

"Why are you apologizing, they were getting restless with the treaty. It was only matter of time before Father gave in." he said I then saw the scarf around his neck. He took notice. "This thing. I went back for it after I left your village, it had been a  gift from Millie when my name day came. Hana played with this a lot." 

" I see so you brought it to see if it would help Hana remember you or Milena and any way." I said, but couldn't help, but feel a pang of jealousy course through me. 

"So Milena and you have a history?" Miroku piped up next. 

Joushiro sighed. "Yes, We met when she was 6 and I was about 9. She had the most goofiest smile on her face, I think it was cause of something her father mentioned. We got along just fine and I was able to relax around her. The next time we saw each other we were a bit older and at a point our fathers had betrothed us to each other to be mated. Millie talked her father out of it, which I was okay with. " 

"At the time right." Sango questioned. 

" yes at the time. When her father died and she came to me that night, that was when I had fallen for her. I knew she didn't feel the same and it was fine. I then met her best friend and I didn't think I'd fall for another so hard as Selira, but I was wrong. I didn't even know my mother had arranged a mated ceremony with Kimiki that day. Didn't even know Tatsuki stood in my place as Kimiki stood in the place of her daughter. " He said and I widen my eyes. 

'They're mates and they don't even realize it.' I thought solemly. 

"I don't know if it was finalized at the ceremony. It angered me and yet I could nothing about it. " He turned to me. "Do not fret Kaito, you have nothing to worry from me." giving me a reassuring smile. He then turned when he stopped walking. " An island? Why would she be here?" 

I took notice that Kiara and Shippo were pretty out of it. "We should find a boat to get us across." Inuyasha said finally. I knew he had been listening the whole time and it had put him in a mood. We had found a boat and crossed the waters to the island and once we got to shore was when Joushiro took to a run. We followed and my ears picked up what he did earlier. 

The sight we saw stopped me in my tracks. Milena had been facing Bankotsu for some time only to be interrupted by someone that made her turn away from the leader of the seven. Before I could act Joushiro did. I watched as the huge dog demon opened her mouth to strike a dealing blow to Milena as she stood there with sad eyes. 

I knew now that the huge dog demon was Hana! I watched as Joushiro grabbed Milena sword and drove into Hana's chest to her heart as her teeth dug into his body. That was when I heard  her scream his name. Saw the exposed mark on her exposed arm glowing brightly. 

Milena's P.O.V

"No NO NOOOOO!!" I screamed as I caught Joushiro. "Joushiro! Please! " I add as I fell to my knees taking him with me and laying him against me. He was dying and as he looked up at me I saw the mark glowing brightly on the skin that hadn't been marred by his own daughter. His breathing was rigid and raspy and I knew he had only a few minutes left to live. 

"Millie..." he choked out as I sobbed. "I had to, .......she....could not....be reason with." I shook my head as I held him closer to me. " I love you Millie.......Liked I loved Selira....." he adds. 

"Jou......Don't go....." I choked, the fighting behind me had stopped, but I didn't care as I laid my head down onto Joushiro. His hand came to my face and he made me look at him. He then took my right hand and ran a claw over the palm of it and made me do the same to his and gripped them together. 

"I give you my power Millie, I give you my clan to rule, " He coughed, but continued. " I give you my treasured items."  I watched as he unattached his fluff from his shoulder and my eyes widen when I saw Selira's underneath his. My aura spiked when his flowed into me causing the others to shield their eyes.  After that he cupped my cheek and wiped away the tears. "Don't be sad my love, you're not alone. Kaito will be with you always." he finished. 

"Jou? Jou!" I say as his hand fell from my face, I caught it with shaky breathes as I leaned down and gave him a kiss. I felt his last breath pass between my quavering lips, I knew then he was gone. I collapsed on top of him and wept, I didn't even take notice of someone coming up behind me to pull me away. I snarled when the hand came to rest upon my shoulder. 

"I'm not leaving him here!" I growl. 

"I know, let me help." it was Kaito and I turned to look at him. 

"I don't need it." I say, turning and gently picking Joushiro's form into my mouth along with the fluffs he left in my care and left once more.