The dance of the cross-dresser

It had been quite sometime since the events that had happened with the moth demon and as we took to our travels once more. I had time to heal and during our time traveling had ran into Kouga once more where we finally talked with out shouting at each others ears off. We were both honest and Kouga had said that when Ayame had shown the thought of the promise weighed heavy on his heart and he should have said something instead of letting all rush to his groin. 

I was just as guilty and in the end came to a mutual understanding. Of course he also added that if I was ever in danger or in need of a hand he'd come running. I said the same, also during that time Miroku had went on bout of emotions when a young lord showed interest in Sango. I only guffawed at the thought that he'd actually believe that Sango had feelings for the young human. 

In the end the result wasn't want Miroku thought and both Kagome and I had pushed the subject. Only for him to ruin the moment once we had left the establishment. "Milena?" came Sango's voice and I looked at her. 

"Yea? Oh! Sorry was lost in my thoughts." I say giving her a sheepish smile. 

"So it didn't pan out with Kouga?" she asked and I nodded. "Hmm it really looked like the two of you loved each other." 

"we did, it just wasn't want our hearts screamed for." I said. "I thought he did, but then Ayame showed up and that weighed and he just allowed his lust to take control. he still cares, but not like that anymore. I should've seen it, but I allowed it to cloud my judgement. I was willing to let him go, but when Ayame said she had feelings for another I let my desire of wanting to be wanted win over what my heart was trying to tell me." 

"Oh Milena you'll find someone who your heart yearns for." she said and I only sighed. 

"Possibly, but I don't know if he saw it." I replied. Sango blinked her eyes before she spoke again. 

"Wait! You mean you've met him already?" she said and I laughed, catching Kagome's attention and falling behind so she could join the conversation. Sango had told Kagome what she had missed and she had the same surprise look on her face. 

"Do we know him!" she questioned excitedly and I only sighed. 

"I'm not telling you that!" I say sticking my tongue out and walking forward at the nick of time for I heard Kagome squeal of delight. I walked passed Kaito and Miroku and caught up with my little brother. 

"You got those two girls riled up for some reason." he said and I only giggled. "I'm not about to ask of, but you okay? I know ending things with the wolf wasn't easy for you, but at least you're sulking over it. " 

I punched his arm. " it wasn't easy I'll give you that, but we ended on better terms then you thought!" I state annoyed 

"Ok ok! Geez! I've been wondering something? " he asked and I raised a brow for him to continue. "What's with the ponytail?" 

"never you mind. " I said and we fell into a comfortable silence. we traveled for some time until both Inuyasha and I stopped when we heard screams and the smell of blood and rushed forward. Sango had taken off to find her brother. Once we reached the scene, a lone man stood in the middle of the circle of corpses he had just killed. 

He said a few words as Inuyasha drew Tessaiga. "You're doggy ears are sooo cute!That fluffy cloak looks pretty...I can't wait to take them!" the man said and Inuyasha growled. Soon the two of them fought and I saw that Inuyasha was having a difficult time. The man blade was special sending out multiple blades attached to another. It got to a point where Inuyasha couldn't use his wind scar and when he was sweeped up into the air by that sword I stepped in using my poison whip and yanking the man's feet out from under him. 

"STAY OUT OF THIS WOMAN! YOU ARE NO CHALLENGE!!!" he roared angered that I had gotten in the way. 

Pissed at what he said my aura spiked and it didn't stop as I walked forward flexing my fingers. My aura showed changing colors as it did. "Not a challenge.....I'm going to love tearing you to pieces!" I sneer and lunged at him poison coming to my claws. Eyes red with fury I swiped at him as he swung his sword extending the blades to cut me at a distance. I twirled and reached him taking him by his neck and held him off the ground. 

I growled menacingly at him as he looked down at my face. I saw a hint of amusement on his face and a smirk. I tightened my hold and before I could finish the job a cloud of poison came at us. I was forced to cover my nose, still pissed that this men thought less of women in battles. I jumped out of the cloud of smoke as I watched the man run off. 

I heard a noise behind and turned to see Kaito standing there. I sighed and relaxed a little, but my anger was still on the surface. "Glad to see that your aura has gone down. " he said and I only stared at him. 

"Don't.......The man had the gall to look at me smugly. He will die by my hand next time I see him!" I said "Also what makes him think, my fluff is for him to claim!!!!" I growled. I felt Kaito take one of my hands and I turn back to him. 

"He's not going to, besides we don't even know who or what he wants yet." he said calmly. 

"He clearly know us!" I said a lot calmer, but still irritated. I saw that Sango had returned and was being updated on what happened by Miroku. I patted Kaito shoulder with my other hand and walked away to check on Inuyasha. "You okay Brother?" 

"Yea I'm fine thanks for the save." he said we soon hit the road again in silence our minds wondering about the events that would take place. We had made camp and the girls had found a hot spring and the two immediately went to bathe. I remained where I sat not really in the mood for the girls to berate of who my heart was truly yearning for, but I really wanted to feel clean from today's aggravation. I got up and headed for the direction of the hot spring leaving the boys behind.