Chapter 8

"So, where are we going?" I ask, for what must have been the thirtieth time. I'm so giddy to find out the mystery place Reece is bringing me this time- but I can't help but feel a little scared of where it is. What if he brings me to a bar or something? What if he gets me drunk so that I'll have sex with him- like they do in the movies?

"You'll see when we get there Lia!" Reece says through chuckles. One thing I really liked about Reece, was that he never complained when I asked too many questions. He just laughs. Not like James or Jennifer. Not like Jake or Mina. Just another way that makes him special to me.

I giggle, hitting my head against the seat. We drive for a few more minutes, when Reece pulls up to an old looking brick building. I raise my eyebrow at him, "Reece, what is this?"

Reece smiles at me. "This is my job."

"Your... job?" I question, frowning slightly.

"After my dad died a few years ago, my mum went into a severe stage of depression. She couldn't work, so I made her quit and I got a job here. My sister, Amy, got a job too- but mine paid best," Reece sighs. "So, I fight."

My jaw drops. "You-" I pause, swallowing. "Reece, you fight?"

Reece sighs, nodding slowly. "Yes. I fight, for money. I have to, Lia. You understand, don't you?"

I hesitate before nodding. "Yeah, I guess I understand."

"You wont tell anyone about it, will you?" he says, lowering his voice. I smile softly, shaking my head.

"Of course not Reece. You're secret's safe with me," I reply. A large smile spreads across his face as he pulls me into his arms. I hug him back, inhaling his minty sent.

"Thank you," he whispers into my ear.

I giggle into his shoulder, "Anything for you, reece."

Reece pulls away, staring into my eyes. He slowly pushes some hair out of my face. A large smile spreads across my face. Reece looks like he's about to lean in, but he's stopped by a loud knocking on the window. He abruptly pulls away from me, looking behind him. On the other side, is Charlie.

He chuckles, "Come on, Bibby! You've got twenty minutes! Get your ass in gear!"

Reece sighs, nodding. "Be right there Jones." Charlie nods, jogging towards the old building. I look at Reece, smiling softly. "Come on, Lia. We best be getting inside." I nod, unbuckling my seat belt. We get out of the car, and Reece rushes over to my side. He wraps his left arm around my waist protectively as we walk through the parking lot. As we walk into building, I'm hit with a large wall of smoke.

I scrunch up my nose, causing Reece to chuckle. "Sorry. I forgot to mention the smell," Reece says innocently, smiling down at me. I smile back, saying that it's okay. We walk over to an arena, with one man in the middle. He's pacing back and forth, grumbling to himself.

"Reece! Where the fuck have you been?" a deep voice hisses. I look over my shoulder, seeing Chris Leonard walking up to us. My eyes widened. He's changed so much since I last saw him! "What the hell is Graham's little sister doing here?" he growls, eyeing me.

I frown, looking down at my feet. "She's my friend, so back the hell off Leonard!" Reece says, his voice menacing. It honestly scared me. His grip on me tightened, and I felt his hand squeeze my hip. I look up, finding Reece's jaw clenched and his eyes dark.

Chris rolls his eyes. "Fine. Do whatever the fuck you want, as long as she doesn't cost you the damn fight." And with that, Chris walks away.

"Mate! Where've you been?" comes a slur. Behind us, Casey Johnson wraps his arms around us. "Hey... it's... Amelia, right? Wow, you've gotten so... so damn sexy in, oh god, how long's it been babe? Two, three years? How big... are your boobs? Can I... uh, see?" Reece shoves me him away, his face tightening.

"What the fuck Cas? Are you high?" Reece hisses.

"You know it mate! Hey, are... aren't you fighting tonight?" Casey raises his eyebrow, starting to sway.

"Yes," Reece nods. "Cas, can you, or maybe Charlie watch Amelia for me?" I look up at him, feeling fear rush through my body.

"Reece?" I squeak.

"Don't worry love. I'll be fast. I'll fight, win, and be right back here with you, I promise." Reece grabs my hands, rubbing his thumb against my knuckles gently. I sigh, still a little frightened by the idea of Reece leaving me. "It'll only be five minutes- top."

I frown, but nod anyways. Reece smiles, leaning over to kiss my forehead. "I'll be right back, okay?" I nod as he tears away from me, walking over to the opening of the ring. I sigh, looking over at Casey. He throws his hand in the air, and Charlie walks over.

"What is it?" Charlie says, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Reece asked me... to ask you to watch his... his new girlfriend!" Casey chuckles, stumbling off towards the bar. I swallow hard, looking nervously at Charlie.

He smiles weakly, "So, you two are going out?"

I shake my head. "N-No. Reece and I aren't dating. We're just friends." Charlie nods, and turns to look at the ring. "Reece doesn't... you know, get hurt in these fights, right?"

Charlie shrugs. "Well, sometimes. Not often. Normally, he has the other guy down in three minutes." I sigh in relief, allowing a light smile to cross my face as Reece walks into the arena.

Reece's P.O.V

"Three... two... one... go!" Chris yells, causing me to lunge towards the other guy in the ring with me. My hands curl into fists as they come in contact with his face. The guy grunts, falling backwards. I'm about to jump on him, when my eyes flicker to the side lines to make sure Amelia is alright. She's standing with Charlie, her hands wrapped around herself. She's biting her lip, staring at me worriedly.

I give her a comforting smile, reassuring her that I'm alright.

But, then the two large hands wrap around my throat. And I'm not alright. I start to gag, breath slipping from my lungs. I try to hit the guy, but my arms feel like Jell-O- and so do my legs. I can't move.

"Reece!" comes a scream. My eyes turned to look at the side lines. Amelia is so close to the ring, Charlie and the ropes keeping her away from me and the other guy. "Reece!" she repeats, fear flooding over her face.

Amelia's P.O.V

I shake my head, trying to push Charlie away. But he keeps an iron grip on me. He suddenly turns me around, cupping my face. He presses his lips to mine, kissing me roughly. I gasp, not kissing back. I don't like this kind of kiss. I like the kind Reece had given me in the willow tree. Not this.

When Charlie pulls away, we both turn to find Reece now on top of the guy, throwing iron punches at the guy's face. The guy is screaming at Reece to stop, as well as Chris, but he wont. Reece continues to beat the guy, until five men come into the ring and wrestle him away.

Reece jumps out of the ring, and dashes towards us. Charlie lets me go, and Reece grabs my wrists. He pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me. He presses his lips onto mine, in a passionate and sweet kiss. I knot my hands in his hair, pulling his face closer to mine. Slowly, we pulled away. "Thank god you're alright!" I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pull him into my arms, burying my face in his chest.

"I'm fine love. I'm fine."

______________________________________________________________