Chapter 20

Reece and I were upstairs, laying tangled in each other on his bed. My head was on his chest; listening to the gentle beat. I knew I'd soon have to go home- and face James. But right now, all I wanted to do was bask in this perfect moment. Reece's fingertips traced a circle along my shoulder, occasionally leaning down to kiss it. I smiled as his lips once more came down.

"I'm not gonna let this happen," he repeated for probably the tenth time. I exhaled, shutting my eyes. "I promise."

"Reece," I whisper, snuggling even closer to him. His other arm wrapped around me, pulling my body even closer to his- if that were possible. "I love you."

"I love you too," he mumbles, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"Did you mean it?" I whispered, staring at a heart tattoo he had on his collar bone. I'd never noticed it before. I ran my thumb over it, and I swore I felt it beat.

"Mean what, love?" he asks quietly staring at me with those beautiful green eyes. I returned my gaze to his face, and I swallowed.

"Did you mean everything you said to James," I say. "You know. About how I... saved you." I feel Reece's body tense, and his breathing slows slight. Immediately, I knew he had meant it. "You hurt yourself?" My voice was hoarse coming out; shock evident in my tone.

"But I stopped for you," Reece added. I stared at him blankly, feeling this heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Amelia, you're my angel. I couldn't be more thankful that I came here when I did- or else I probably never would have met you."

"Reece," I coo, burying my face in his chest. Reece kisses the top of my head and resettles back on the bed. I shut my eyes, and I'm soon consumed in sleep.

* * *

My eyes slowly opened, darkness flooding the room. I sigh, snuggling back into Reece's warm embrace. I never wanted to leave. I never wanted to go back to James. To the hellhole I was forced to call home.

When was Mum getting home from her business trip anyways? She's been away for six months- I left because I was tired of traveling around with her. That's why I'm living in London with James- and not wherever she is. I don't even remember the last time she called us...

"Baby?" Reece yawns, breaking my from my thoughts. I hum in response. "What time is it?"

I glance over his shoulder at the electronic clock sitting on the night stand. "It's about one," I reply tiredly, laying my head back on his chest.

"Oh shit!" he yells, sitting straight up.

"What?" I frowned, falling on my back after he knocked me off.

"You have to go home, babe. I'm surprised James hasn't come over to beat the fuck out of me!" Reece quickly grabbed my hands, pulling me up. I sigh, shaking my head.

"But I want to stay with you!" I whine, trying to pull him back down.

"There's nothing I want more that you to stay here with me, Lia, but you have to go." Reece cups my face, bringing me closer. "I don't want to cause you anymore trouble that you're already in."

I giggle, "Yeah. Right. You've gotten me in more trouble in three weeks than I've been in my entire life!"

He laughs, kissing my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too," I say, pulling away.

"I'll walk you home," he brings my hand in his, and I nod with a smile.

______________________________________________________________