Chapter 47

*Reece POV*

I stood nervously at the airport, chewing on the inside of my lip. Amelia would be here any second now. God did I miss her. It's been like... five months since I last saw her and it was killing me slowly. Things have gotten really bad, well, for me at least.

I... cut myself. My mum was at work, the lads were out at some stupid party, and I'd just gotten back from my classes at the community college when I snapped. No one was there to stop me. I couldn't stop myself. I cut up almost my entire left arm. I passed out on the ground and woke up a few hours later, and luckily no one was home yet. I cleaned up my cuts and I wore long sleeved shirts for a while until they healed.

Thank god, too. Just in time for Lia to come home.

Slowly, I saw her small figure poke through the crowd. My jaw dropped when I saw her; she'd changed so much. She looked like... an adult. Her hair was pulled back by a headband and she wore a red sweater with a blue vest over it. I bit my lip, feeling slightly embarrassed. I haven't changed at all in the last five months. I was the same teenage boy I was when she left.

"L-Lia?" my voice quivered. She looked at me with those gorgeous hazel eyes, and my heart melted.

"Reece!" Amelia exclaimed, running towards me. I opened my arms and she jumped into them, dropping her luggage.

"Oh my god," I murmured against her hair. "Oh my god, you're back..."

"I missed you," Amelia whispered, squeezing the life out of me. My bottom lip shook as I tried to hold back tears.

"I missed you too baby," I said gently.

Amelia pulled away, grinning up at me. "Where are the others?"

"They let me pick you up so we could have some alone time before you come home," I replied, lacing our fingers together. Amelia smiled back, but not in the way I was hoping. It was a grateful smile, not her usual happy, let's go make-out in the car smile.

"Yay," she said- but with not much enthusiasm. My smile faltered, making me quickly lean down to kiss her to hide it. She's been gone for so long... she's changed... too much...

"Come on sweetie." I lead Amelia through the airport, grabbing her suitcases.

Amelia smiled, grabbing my bicep. "Thanks babe," she kissed my cheek affectionately, making me blush. "Aw! I've missed that blush... so much."

I licked my lips, trying not to look at her. When we got to the car, I threw her stuff in the back and we got in the front. "How's Oxford?" I finally asked.

"It's great actually. I love it there, but... but I miss you so much-" Amelia cut herself off. I glanced up, finding her staring at her lap sadly. "Reece, can I be honest?"

"Of course you can love," I nodded my head.

"I don't want to stay. I want to come home," she whispered.

I sighed; as much as I wanted her to come home and stay with us, I knew she needed to stay there. "You can't, Lia. You've worked too hard to leave that place. You have to stay," I said softly.

"B-But I don't want to. Reece, I want to come home and be with you." I reached over, grabbing her hand. I felt something hard on one of her fingers- "I want to get married and go to college here so I can be with the people I love."

At first, I didn't say anything. I pulled her hand towards me and examined her ring finger. A smile fell over my lips; she was wearing my ring. "Oh my god," I breathed.

"Reece, I belong here. Not Oxford, not anywhere else. I want to stay here."

"As much as I want you to Lia, you have to stay."

"Come with me."

"I can't; I have college here."

"I don't want to be somewhere you're not!"

"I don't either, but Lia, Oxford is where you belong right now. That school is where you belong."

Amelia had tears building up in her eyes. "No. I belong here, with you."

"Lia," I cooed, leaning over to kiss her lips. She wrapped her arms around me, tears starting to streak her cheeks. "You need to do this," I say against her lips.

"No," she shook her head.

"Yes." I pull away. "Please. Do this for me."

Amelia sniffled, wiping her tears on her sweater sleeve. "F-Fine."

I smiled weakly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

______________________________________________________