Chapter 23

Reece and I were still laying in bed, about an hour later. He was playing with my small fingers with his huge ones. He twirled them together in circles, every now and them pressing his soft lips against my tips like on Titanic. I swallowed, remembering the time we watched Titanic together- the night he broke my heart. I shook my head slowly, kissing Reece's shoulder. "What's the matter love?" he asked in his husky voice.

I exhaled. "I'm just thinking," I replied. "Remembering."

"Remembering what?"

I shut my eyes. "Nothing," I lied. Reece kissed my temple, causing my eyes to reopen. Reece was staring at me, his eyes sad. "What?"

"Please tell me." I leaned up, cupping his face.

"It's nothing, Reece. I was just thinking about us."

His eyes grew darker. "So we're nothing?"

"No, I mean-" I stopped, exhaling. "Reece, I just mean I was just thinking about what happened with James and crap. It's nothing."

Reece frowned, pulling away from me. "Well it's something to me. I love you, Amelia. And I'm willing to do anything to be with you, but if you just think-"

"Reece! Calm down!" I beg, grabbing his hands. I squeezed them in mine, frowning sadly. He sighed, his eyes immediately softening.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just-" he stopped himself. He brought me into his arms, kissing my head. "I was just worried you didn't care as much as I did."

"Oh Reece," I kissed his cheek. "Of course I care."

"I love you Lia," he said into my ear, "so, so much..."

"I love you too Ree," I said, twisting my body so that I was straddling him.

"I love you more," he challenged, twirling a piece of my hair with his finger. He let it fall, unraveling next to my cheek.

I giggled. "No, I love you more."

"No, I definitely love you more."

"I love you most."

"I love you more than most."

"I love you more than more than the most." Reece smirked at me, knowing he had won.

"Okay, Reece, this is getting ridiculous," I mumbled, leaning down to connect our lips. Reece smiled into the kiss, wrapping his arms around me. I giggled as he rolled us around on my bed. I was on the bottom, then back on top. The bottom, then top. We were at the edge of the bed, unlike the middle where we had started. I giggled, pulling out of the kiss. I stared up at my boyfriend with a wild grin on his face. "We're going to fall."

"If we fall you'll be on top; don't worry," he said mischievously. I rolled my eyes, rolling us back to the middle. I ended up on the bottom again, looking up at my beautiful boyfriend. "You sexy animal."

"Oh gross Reece," I commented, playing smacking his cheek.

"You're a sexy animal, you're so mean but I gotta love it! And I just can't let you go!" he randomly started singing. I raised my eyebrow. Reece started laughing, kissing my nose.

"What was that?"

"A song."

"Who's it by?"

"This band I know called Stereo kicks," he shrugged.

"Never heard of them."

"I doubt you have."

"Who are they?"

"Barclay, Charlie, Tom, Jake, casey, Chris, James and I." My eyes widened.

"James?" I ask in disbelief. He nods, giving me a small smile.

"Yeah... back when we were friends. We made a band called Stereo kicks," Reece sighed. "It stopped once James stopped being friends with us. I can't blame him."

I frowned, biting my bottom lip. "Reece?" I whispered. He nodded. "James told me about... Jules." The moment her name came out of my mouth, Reece's face twisted. And it scared me.

______________________________________________________