Chapter 2

"Bye Jen," I said as my best friend walked towards Geometry and I walked into Chemistry. I sat down in the back of the classroom where I always sat. I hated the front of the room- it was too close to the teacher.

I huff, leaning back in my chair slightly. I start to tap my pencil against the desk quietly and impatiently. The teacher is always late. It's the first class of the day, so she's always getting her coffee.

Suddenly, my chair is pushed into the desk so that the legs are on the ground. I smash my lips together and turn in the chair, "What was tha-" I stopped myself when my eyes were met with dark green ones. Reece Bibby.

"Hello to you too," he smirks, taking the seat next to me. He plops down two textbooks down onto the desk, his eyes not leaving mine. I give him a small smile before turning away to break the contact. I stare at the board, oddly impatient for class to start. "What's your name, beautiful?"

A blush creeps up upon my cheeks and I look at Reece Bibby. He's sitting there, his elbows resting on the desk, staring at me intently. I offer him a dry laugh, "What?"

"Oh, nice to me you What!" he chuckles, outstretching his hand. I laugh, taking his hand.

"I'm Amelia," I reply, still laughing at his joke. He smiles- and wow is it amazing. He's beaming at me, showing off his perfectly white teeth, his lips curved all the way up. "Amelia Graham."

"I'm Bibby. Reece Bibby!" he says, lowering his voice. I smile at him, pulling my hand away.

"Nice to meet you Reece."

Reece chuckles, and opens his mouth to talk but is interrupted by the teacher coming into the room.

"Okay class. Today we will start our partner- oh, wait. I have a new student, is that correct?" Mrs. Melsh says, turning towards the back on the classroom. She looks directly at Reece, which makes him raise his hand. "Ah, please tell us your name."

Reece sighs, "I'm Reece."

"Reece what?"

"Reece bibby."

"Ah, another Bibby. I just hope you're nothing like your brother," she says, turning to walk to the front of the room. I purse my lips together and look over at Reece. He seemed the east bit excited to tell the class anything- and I swore I could see anger in his eyes at the mention of his brother.

"She's a bitch, just ignore her," I whisper. My heart jumps. I didn't mean to say that- I don't swear. Especially not about teachers.

Reece chuckles, nodding his head. I blush, looking down at my lap.

***

"...Kelly and Brian, Susan and Maria, and- umm. How about Amelia and Reece?" Mrs. Melsh smirks back at Reece and I. Reece shrugs, turning to me.

"Sound good 'partner'?" he asks me with a smirk to match Mrs. Melsh's. I chuckle, nodding.

"Sure. Wanna work at my place?" I question. Reece nods, tapping my knee with his hands. My heart flutters as he does so.

"Kay. I'll pick you up after school then," he winks at me, grabbing his textbooks. He stands up, "See you later Amelia." And with that, Reece exits the room with the rest of the flow of students. I hold in my breath, my heart doing a little dance. Why? It was just Reece and I working on a project- it wasn't a date or anything. Wait! Was it? No, I don't think so. If it were a date, he probably would have been more flirty when talking about it... wait, what about the wink? No, he probably winks at all the girls.

Still arguing with myself, I get up and leave the classroom.

______________________________________________________________