Chapter 29

"Will you show me now?" I bugged Reece as we sat at the kitchen island, eating blueberry muffins we'd made the previous week. He grinned, gulping down his milk.

"I said after breakfast!" he laughed, setting down his glass. "You remind me so much of a seven year old! Curious and adorable!" I grinned back at him, eating my blueberry muffin.

"What's it called at least?" I question; the curiosity killing me.

"I don't want to ruin it!" he says mischievously, taking the last bite of his muffin. "Okay, I'm done." I squeal, grabbing him by the arm. Reece laughs, bringing me into his basement. We got into a room I've never seen before; it's filled with instruments, microphones, and a little what appears to be a recording booth?

"Whoa! Reece, how much money do you have?" I ask him in amazement.

He laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist. "My aunt knew I loved to sing, so she got me this recording booth-like thing and all these instruments. Trust me; she's loaded!" I laughed, kissing his lips.

"Can I hear the song now?" I ask, giving him the puppy-dog eyes.

Reece grins, kissing my nose. "Course babe; but it would probably sound better if I had The rest of the boys to back me up."

"Why?" I question.

"Cause they helped me write it," he replies.

I raised my eyebrow. "Even James?" He nods.

"We have it recorded if you want to hear it," he says, "or I could sing it for you."

"I want to hear you then the recording." Reece nods, walking over to the recording booth. He turns on music and turns back to me. He makes me sit down on a chair and gets down on his knees in front of me. He takes my hands and starts to sing:

I'll sing it one last time for you
Then we really have to go
You've been the only thing that's right
In all I've done

And I can barely look at you
But every single time I do
I know we'll make it anywhere
Away from here

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you, dear

Louder, louder
And we'll run for our lives
I can hardly speak I understand
Why you can't raise your voice to say

To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbyes
I nearly do

I grinned, feeling tears in my eyes. I wrapped my arms around Reece's neck when he finished singing. "I-I love it," I whispered into his ear. "That song was amazing."

He wiped away my tears, smiling back. "It was just for you. I-I'm going to miss you so much when I'm gone..."

I kissed his lips quickly. "I don't k-know what I'm going to do without you Reece!" Reece swallowed, and I could see tears forming in his own eyes. I took a deep breath, wiping them away with my thumb. "Is it selfish f-for me to say I wish your dad wouldn't take you away?"

"Not at all baby," he assures me, kissing my forehead. "It's not s-selfish at all." Reece helped me out of my seat and to my feet. He brought me into another kiss, making a smile appear on my lips. "One second," he said, pulling away. He ran back to the studio, and picked up two CD's. He came back, handing me each of them. I looked over the covers: 'Memories' and 'where we started' I looked at him clueless. "Those are the albums we made. Where we started we made a while back about where we started as you can probably guess by the title haha and memories we just finished about all the memories we've had that we never wanna forget."

"So you guys have been performing together?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Yeah," he replies, pushing my hair back. "They didn't want me to tell you, but who gives a shit what they want, right?" I laughed, nodding.

"Is that song you just sang-"

"Number 1 on Memories." He smiles, making me laugh again. "A few songs on there are for you; James even wrote one for you."

"Which one?"

"It's called Dont forget me, and he sort of wrote it for you, sort of wrote it for your mother. It's about traveling around and stuff and family and your home... I think at least. James really didn't tell me," he chuckled.

I giggled, kissing his cheek. "I'm sure all your guys' songs are amazing." Reece nodded, swallowing painfully. I blinked back tears; "I love you."

"I love you too," he said, pulling me back into his arms.

______________________________________________________

Okay so I know that song that Reece sang to lia is snow patrol/leona Lewis song 'run' but just pretend in this that he wrote it okay haha and those two albums I made up myself which I'm quite proud about if I must say (: