Chapter 16

Amelia's P.O.V

Tears rolled down my cheeks, and I held onto Reece's body tightly. He was staring up at me blankly, blood running down his face. I pushed some hair back, trying to act like James wasn't there. Like he didn't walk in on me sucking on Reece. Like we both weren't naked.

"Get dressed. We'll talk downstairs," James mumbles. I glance over my shoulder, shaking with tears. James shuts the door as he leaves Reece and I alone. I look back down at the curly haired boy in my arms. I lean down, kissing his bloody nose.

"A-Are you alright?" I stammer. Reece nods, smiling at me. I sigh, getting up. I grab some tissue, and hand it to Reece. He thanks me, then wipes away the blood. Once he's done, he throws them into the garbage can. I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing each of his cuts and bruises gently. Reece exhales, holding me by the waist.

"Thank you, Lia." Reece kisses my forehead, causing me to blush at him.

My smile is wiped away, and my face becomes serious. "Reece, what if he tries to break us up? I can't loose you."

Reece sighs, cupping my face. He leans down, pressing his forehead against mine. "Don't worry, love. I wont let that happen. No matter what he says, what he does, I'm not letting to you go. Not now, not ever." I begin to sob, and Reece pulls me into his arms. I weep into his chest hysterically, unable to keep myself contained. "Sh... baby, calm down." I shake my head, squeezing him. Reece lifts me up, and carries me back into my room. He sets me down onto the bed, and kisses my lips gently. "Get dressed baby."

"H-Help me?" I whimper weakly.

Reece gives me a sad smile, "Of course love. Anything for you." He walks over to my dresser, and opens the top drawer. He pulls out my bra and underwear. I get up, shaking.

"R-Reece?"

"Sh, love," he whispers, stroking my cheek. I grab my underwear from his hands, and pull them on slowly. Reece silently helps me put my bra on. I turn around, and Reece clips the clasp together. I turn to look at him, and Reece gives me a sad smile. I thank him, leaning up to kiss his lips. He holds me in the kiss for a little while, before finally letting me go.

I go over to my closet, while Reece slips his clothes on; which are now dry from laying in the sunlight. I sigh, pulling on a random blue t-shirt and jeans on. I turn around, finding Reece pulling something out of his jacket pocket. It's a small box. "Reece? W-What's that?"

Reece smiles, walking over to me with the box. He slips it into my hands, still smiling. "Open it." I nod, and pull the lid off. It's a heart-necklace...

Tears flood to my eyes once more, and I look up at him. "Oh Reece!" I exclaim, throwing my arms around him. He hugs me to his chest, swaying us back and forth. I can barely breath right now. We pull away, locking our lips.

"I love you, and I want you to always wear this. For me," he whispers. "Especially if-"

"You're not gonna loose me!" I state, sobbing crazily. He pecks my lips, nodding. He helps me slip the necklace on, and we go downstairs. James' sitting on the couch, clenching and unclenching his fists. I swallow hard, grabbing Reece's hands urgently. He squeezes my tiny one in his, which causes me to give him a small smile.

"Amelia, go back upstairs," james says before we even make it to the couch across from James.

I shake my head. "No. I don't want you hurting Reece."

"I'm not going to. Just fucking go upstairs, Amelia!" James hisses. I jump, squeezing Reece's hand tightly.

"Don't ta-"

"Reece, don't," I say before he can finish his sentence. I turn, cupping his face. I kiss him passionately, knowing James was staring at us. Reece wraps his arms around my neck, and I smile into the kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too, Lia," he whispers softly. I swallow hard, and go up the stairs, worried sick about what James might do to him while I'm gone...

______________________________________________________________