Chapter 32

I stepped off of the plane, glancing around. "Reece?" I heard. Suddenly, my father pushed past the crowd and walked towards me. I huffed as a greeting, walking towards him. "Reece, is that you?" I nodded, glaring at him. My father grinned, "You've grown so much!"

I shrugged, walking towards baggage pick-up. He followed closely. "How was the plane ride, buddy?" he asks, slapping my back like he did when I was younger. I shook my head, grabbing my suitcases as they came by. All I did the entire plane ride was text Amelia, which made me feel a little better. "I take that as it was bad?" I shake my head again. "Was it good?" Another shake. "Well what did you do during the plane ride?"

"Texted my girlfriend," I said bluntly.

"You're mum mentioned a girlfriend; Emily, right?" he grinned.

"It's Amelia," I growled.

"Oh. I'm sorry," my father apologized. I rolled my eyes, looking away. My plan was to be an awful brat so he will hate me and send me home, just telling you. "Well, how are the lads, you know, those boys that you sing with?"

My throat tightened at the mention of them. I already missed them. "They're fine."

"Okay," he exhaled. "Ready to go home?"

I clenched my jaw. "Home is Lancashire." Before he says anything else, I start to walk way.

* * *

"Ready to see your new room?" my dad asks, grinning like a moron.

"Whatever," I mumbled. He laughs, opening up the door. We walk inside, and I'm surprised at home much it still looked like how it did when I was a child. The various band posters (The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder), the grey bedding, the old desk with a red office chair, and the bookshelf Dad and I had made when I was six was still in the corner nearest the door. I swallowed, mumbling, "Thanks."

"Anything for my son!" he laughs, patting my back again. Really? Then why don't you send me home you fucking bastard? I walked in, setting my bags down. "So, tell me about this Amelia. What's she like?"

I sworn I could have broken down right then and there. My hands trembled. "She's the l-love of my life. She's perfect in every way. She has these gorgeous, ocean-blue eyes and thick brown hair... she's so sweet and kind and we've been together for seven months. She's my old friend James' younger sister..." My voice trailed off as I unzipped my suitcase.

"She's sounds amazing," my dad commented. "How did you two meet?"

I smiled, licking my lips. "We're kind of neighbours- she's a couple houses down from Mum and I. And we were partners in chemistry, and I honestly fell in love with her the moment I laid eyes on her."

"How did she," my dad paused, "you know, take you moving?"

Slowly, tears fell from my eyes. "Awful. When I told her she was a mess and when I when I left, w-we were both messes. I hate watching her cry; it's like watching an a-angel cry. It made my heart break..."

I hard my father sigh. "I'm sorry Reece."

"Yeah, whatever," I huffed. "C-Can you please leave me alone? I want to unpack."

"Reece, I really am sorry, but we really need to bond," he said.

I looked at him. "We had eight fucking years to bond! Why didn't you pick a different fucking time? Why did it have to be now? Why? I have so much back home in London! I had Mum, I had Amelia, I had my fucking friends! Before I didn't have all of that! I just had Mum and a couple friends! I would have been fine with when I was twelve, or thirteen, or fourteen, or fifteen, or even sixteen! Just not now!"

"Reece, the reason I chose now was because-" he exhaled, shrugging. "My girlfriend Kendra is pregnant and I wanted you to be here when your sister is born."

______________________________________________________