year one: feasting

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

❛Hope James Lupin, whatever happened to the other last name?❜

As Hope Lupin-Black, Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley made their way from the Hogwarts train, in the distance they could hear a gruff voice calling for first-years

As Hope Lupin-Black, Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley made their way from the Hogwarts train, in the distance they could hear a gruff voice calling for first-years. Harry quickly recognized the voice as Hagrid, the man who Hope saw with him in Diagon Alley.

"Hello, Harry," smiled Hagrid, leaning down to give Harry a high-five. "Ah, who might yer friends be?"

"Hey, Hagrid, this is Ron Weasley and Hope Lupin," introduced Harry, making Hagrid's jaw drop when he heard the last name Lupin. He recognized the girl as Sirius and Remus' daughter. It was like deja vu in front of Hagrid, as he remembered James Potter and Sirius Black's first day of Hogwarts.

"Whoa," gasped Ron, looking up at Hagrid. "You're quite tall."

The first-year students followed Hagrid down a steep and slippery path that led them down to the ledge of the Black Lake. Across the water, you could see the school of Hogwarts shining in the moonlight.

"No more'n four to a boat," yelled Hagrid as the first-years piled into boats.

Ron, Harry, Hope, and a boy named Seamus Finnegan boarded a boat. And then, magically the fleet of boats moved forward across the lake on their own. Silence filled their boat as no one said a word, all taking in the sight of Hogwarts before them.

"Heads down!"

As everyone came around a corner to a low cliff, everyone bent their heads down as the boats continued to carry them through the ivy vines that covered the lake. The boats carried them down a tunnel that stopped at a harbor, pebbles and rocks coated the ground.

"Oy, you there," Hagrid looked down at the boy known as Neville Longbottom. "Is this your toad?"

"Trevor!" cried Neville, gratefully clamping the toad in between his hands. Muttering how he'd never let him go again.

The first years followed Hagrid up a stone flight of stairs that led to a big oak door. It stood tall, and the students gasped as they stared. "Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?"