year two: spiders

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

❛Him? That fool?❜

As the Gryffindor students walked into the Dark Forest, everyone had different ways to deal with the creepiness

As the Gryffindor students walked into the Dark Forest, everyone had different ways to deal with the creepiness. Ron jumped at the sound of anything, Harry kept his wand raised, while Hope admired it all.

"There's something moving over there, something big." called out Ron, taking multiple steps backward.

A flash of light shined through the trees, coming out in spots where leaves weren't visible. Harry and Ron went to turn around but Hope let out a loud laugh.

"Guys, it's just the car." she pointed out, the once shiny car was now scratched with lumps of dirt and grass sticking out of it.

"Merlin, it's filthy." Harry looked at the windows.

Ron let out a laugh. "It's been here all this time, look at it. The Forest has turned it wild."

The Potter boy glanced back at the slope they were following. "Let's go, we don't want to lose our trail."

Hope, Harry, and Ron followed the trail into a shadowed area, tall trees towered over them, with webbing all over. Harry kept his hands at his side, while Ron kicked web off of his feet. Hope reached out to touch the web.

"Extraordinary." she said, amazed at the style. "Now, if I was correct these are from--"

"Harry." Ron called out. "Hope."

"Don't panic."

The air crackled with movement as a big spider came down from the trees. As it came down, they noticed its unusual large size. Harry and Ron backed away but Hope took many steps forward.

"You do not come from The Forest, your heart beats like," the spider paused. "Men."

"We're friends of Hagrid's, my name is Hope. You must be Aragog, it's a pleasure to meet you."

The head of the spider turned ever so slightly. "Hagrid has never sent men into our hollow before."

"Aragog, Hagrid is in big trouble. The monster of the Chamber has attacked again. And for some reason, the Minister thinks it was Hagrid." Hope explained.