year three: truth is revealed

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

❛Holy shit.❜

Hope Lupin-Black just stared at her father, silent tears rolling down her cheeks

Hope Lupin-Black just stared at her father, silent tears rolling down her cheeks. Sirius stared right back at her, amazed at how much his daughter had grown up over the many years. There was a silence throughout the room as the two just stared.

"Hope, you don't have to cry." Sirius finally said, breaking the silence. "Are you hurt, did that tree hurt you--"

She just sprinted forward, pulling her father into a long hug. "I missed you, I'm so sorry about the cigarettes, Dad."

"Where's your brother?" he questioned looking around. "Is he here?"

"No, but he believes you. Cracked the entire mess of what happened in no time at all." she spoke through her tears. "He should've been a Ravenclaw."

"Just like Remus—"

Harry quickly stood up, pulling Hope away from her father and put her next to Ron. The Weasley boy kept a firm grip on her shoulder in a protective manner.

"If you want to kill Hope or Harry, you'll have to kill us, too!" shouted Ron, standing on his broken leg.

"Lie down." Sirius spoke quietly, eyeing Ron's broken limb. "You'll damage your leg even more."

Ron's blue eyes widened as he gripped Hope's shoulder tighter. "Did you hear me? You'll have to kill all four of us!"

Sirius reached forward, to pull Hope away but Harry smacked his hand away. "No! You will not kill my godsister! Nice try."

"Harry--"

"She's my daughter, Harry. I'd never kill her." he spoke, almost offended that he would think so. "There will only be one murder tonight."

"Why's that?" sneered Harry, glaring his emerald green eyes. "Didn't care last time, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those Muggles to get at Pettigrew. What's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?"