year three: cedric knows all

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

❛Disown me!❜

Hope Lupin and Cedric Diggory sat down by the Black Lake, looking at all the colored turtles by the bay

Hope Lupin and Cedric Diggory sat down by the Black Lake, looking at all the colored turtles by the bay. Cedric stared at the sun while Hope played with a red turtle.

"Colored turtles are the best kind of turtles." she said, holding the turtle in her arm.

Cedric laughed at her. "Have you seen any other kind?"

"Muggles only have green ones."

The Diggory boy looked at her in astonishment and picked up a pink one. "They don't have the pretty pink ones?"

"No, Ced." she laughed loudly. "No pretty pink ones."

"Who's that Milo Bishop kid?" he asked out of nowhere. "You know, that tall Ravenclaw kid."

Hope shrugged, putting down the turtle. "To be honest? I don't really know."

"He follows you around, like if I see you, I see him." he said, crossing his arms. "It's weird."

"His family are seers, maybe he knows something I don't?" she spoke as if it were a question.

Cedric nodded along. "Maybe you have some secret prophecy--"

As the teenage boy talked, Hope went to light a cigarette she had pulled from her pocket. Cedric looked at her in disgust and shock.

"What the hell are you doing?" he said, smacking it out of her hand.

She looked at him, upset by his action. "That was one of my last ones!"

"It's a cigarette." he spoke, still staring at it in disgust. "How long have you been smoking these?"

Hope only shrugged. "July?"

"Give me the pack."

"Excuse me?"

Cedric reached down and snatched the pack out of her jacket pocket. He then stood up, and went to walk away but Hope was quick as well.

She stood up and tried to reach for the package. "Cedric Amos Diggory, give me those back."