year one: book of memories

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

❛Hagrid, do I have a godsister?❜

Hope Lupin-Black woke up to the brightness of the light in the Hospital Wing, as she held her head she glanced over to the other bed where Harry Potter was

Hope Lupin-Black woke up to the brightness of the light in the Hospital Wing, as she held her head she glanced over to the other bed where Harry Potter was. He sat up on his bed talking to Professor Dumbledore, explaining what had happened. She only closed her eyes as she listened.

"Your mother died to save you, Harry. If there is one thing that Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's love for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign to have been loved so deeper," Dumbledore explained to the Potter boy. "It is your very skin, Quirrell, full of hatred, greed, and ambition. For sharing his soul with Voldemort, he couldn't touch you."

The Lupin-Black girl stayed silent, kind of grumbling about the fact that Professor Snape was innocent and it was Quirrell after all. But also the dark topic of her Aunt Lily, how she died for Harry, and how he didn't even know half of it. It brought out the guilty feeling in Hope's mind.

"And the invisibility cloak," Harry continued. "Do you know who sent it to me?"

"Ah, your father happened to leave it in my possession before he died. I thought that you and Miss Lupin might like to use it," said Dumbledore, his eye twinkling. "Useful things, really. Your father used it for sneaking off to the kitchens and other places with his friends too."

Harry Potter nodded slowly, processing what the Headmaster told him. "There's something else, Professor."

"Fire away."

"Quirrell said that Snape—"

Dumbledore held up his finger, interrupting him. "Professor Snape, Harry."

"Yes, him." he continued, trying not to roll his eyes. "Quirrell said that he hates me because he hated my father. Is that true?"

This piqued Hope's interest, almost making her sit up in bed. She knew that it wasn't only Harry's father that he hated but hers too. Before Hope had started Hogwarts, Remus did warn her that Snape didn't care for him because of an incident in the past where he discovered her father was a werewolf. But he didn't ever give details of what happened.