year four: sirius and remus

CHAPTER NINETEEN 

CHAPTER NINETEEN 

❛Sue me.❜

Rita Skeeter was a woman who kept her words, and it didn't take long for Hermione Granger to learn

Rita Skeeter was a woman who kept her words, and it didn't take long for Hermione Granger to learn. There was an article circulating Hogwarts on the fake love triangle between Hermione, Viktor Krum, and Harry Potter. And to say the least, many were angry.

Hermione never did let her head fall, only laughing when someone brought it up. And none of her friends brought it up either, not wanting to upset her or Harry. And only wanting the rumors to stop, and Hope understood that more than anyone.

It wasn't but a week after the second task that the four had agreed to meet Remus and Sirius in Hogsmeade for answers for all of their questions. And Hope Lupin-Black hadn't shut up about her crave for butterbeer.

"Why exactly are we meeting my father's again?" asked Hope as they came closer to the Three Broomsticks.

Ron rolled his blue eyes in the direction of his friend. "What's with your attitude--"

"I'm just asking." she defended, crossing her arms. "It's weird."

"Then leave."

"Make me."

The four entered the Three Broomsticks to see Remus and Sirius in a corner booth, in a deep conversation. Hope quickly put on a smile as she ran forward, hugging her fathers quickly, even if she wasn't exactly sure why they were there.

"I brought some of that house-elf's ladyfingers if you four would like some." said Remus, pushing over a plate. "I had to keep Sirius from eating them all."

There was a look on Hermione's face that made the other three roll their eyes as Sirius continued to ask questions. "Why'd you ask us here, Harry?"

"Uh, I suppose you've seen the newspaper article on Mister Crouch." said Harry, pulling the Daily Prophet from his pocket.

The two men grabbed the newspaper from Harry's hand, quickly gazing it over. Sirius leaned in towards Remus, seeming to whisper things in his ear that made him look more concerned. It was obvious that the Daily Prophet caused confusion to both men.