year four: mean girls and best friends

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

❛What are best friends for?❜

Hope Lupin-Black stood at the top of the Astronomy Tower, a lit cigarette in her left hand

Hope Lupin-Black stood at the top of the Astronomy Tower, a lit cigarette in her left hand. Standing there doing what she always did, gaze at the different stars in the night sky. The cigarette in her hand being the only thing keeping her mind intact.

Out of nowhere, the door behind her slammed shut. As she turned, Hope was met with an angry Cedric Diggory.

"Leave it to Harry frickin Potter to get into the Tournament." grumbled Cedric, leaning against the wall next to her. "And he's claiming he didn't even do it."

"This is Harry we're talking about." Hope said softly, rolling her grey eyes as she spoke. "When doesn't our entire school year revolve around him?"

Cedric Diggory only nodded, still fuming in anger. "Everyone's furious, Dumbeldore must have rigged it. Bagman is all like, more contestants, why not?"

"Ced, you're better than Harry." comforted Hope, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Who figured out what was in that chamber? You. Who beat the one and only Harry Potter in Quidditch? You."

The Hufflepuff student just shook his head. "That wasn't a fair win and you know it."

"You still caught the snitch, didn't you?"

Cedric's blue-grey eyes shot down to her hand, where the lit cigarette still was. "I knew you were doing that again. I figured you weren't just getting drunk randomly last night."

"Not my best life choice, getting drunk and all." she mumbled in return, shaking her head softly. "These are fine, though."

"What made you start back up?"

Hope shrugged her shoulders, breathing out the cloudy smoke. "Honestly, I thought it would drown it all out. Which it did, actually."

"You know, you promised a lot of people you would quit." said Cedric, not making eye contact with his best friend. "Neville, Oliver, me."