year two: fool and fraud

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

❛Come on, Ginny!❜

Hope Lupin, Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley quickly approached the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom

Hope Lupin, Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley quickly approached the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Ron had been silent since the news of his sister, while Hope was furious.

"Professor, we've got some information for you--"

In front of Professor Lockhart were two large trunks, and the office had been emptier than before. Harry looked around before speaking. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Um, well, yes. There was an urgent call, completely unavoidable. Got to go--" the professor was interrupted by an angry Hope.

"What about Ginny?!"

"What about Hogwarts?" asked Harry.

Gilderoy began to try and lie to the students. "Well as to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I."

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, you can't leave now!" cried out Ron, as he raised a hand to his face.

"You idiot! You're such a liar--"

Harry gave her a look. "You're running away? After all the stuff you did in your books?"

"Books can be misleading--"

"You wrote them!" yelled out Harry.

Hope crossed her arms. "Tell them the truth, Gilderoy, about how you're a fraud. You might as well do it now, you'll be exposed either way."

"You stupid little girl, I should've hexed you while I had the chance. If it wasn't for your stupid boyfriend--"

"He's not stupid, now tell them the truth!" her wand was now raised.

"Boys, my books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover--"