year three: letter from sirius orion black

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

❛I'll be here, always.❜

Christmas decoration filled the Great Hall, from mistletoe to mysterious lights

Christmas decoration filled the Great Hall, from mistletoe to mysterious lights. Hope Lupin-Black was always excited by Christmas, it brought happiness to the hardest of times. And the food that was in the Great Hall always made it better, at least, usually.

Hope stared at the food on her plate, not feeling hungry like she always did. Harry sat at the other end of the table with Ron, still refusing to speak with her.

"Hope," Hermione started to say, looking from Hope to her food. "Why aren't you eating?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." she bluntly replied.

Hermione only sighed, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Harry can't stay mad at you forever."

Neville leaned over, looking at Hope with worried eyes. "Hope, just eat some chicken pot pie."

"I'm not fucking hungry, Nev."

The Granger girl ran a hand through her hair. "Yes, you are. And if you don't eat, I'll--"

"You'll what?" snapped Hope, not sounding much like yourself. "Tell my fathers?"

"Uh, yes?"

Hope let out a chuckle, her pained grey eyes meeting her friend's brown. "Good luck, let me know when you see Dad, and Papa is sick. Along with Alfie."

Hermione stabbed her fork into a piece of chicken. "What is wrong with you? You're never like this."

Neville looked to Hope. "Hope, please just eat."

"I'll eat when I'm hungry, I told you. I shouldn't be made to eat, I'm not a toddler." she snapped in return.

"You know, I can't do this with you."

As Neville stood up from the Gryffindor table and passed by the Hufflepuff, Cedric Diggory reached out from his seat. Glancing from Neville's angry face to an angry Hope at their house table.