year one: first games

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

❛You leave my daughter alone, Snivellus.❜

As November began to roll around Hogwarts, the warm air began to turn cold

As November began to roll around Hogwarts, the warm air began to turn cold. But, the good thing that came with the chill, was Quidditch season. It was official, on Saturday, Hope Lupin-Black would be playing in her first Quidditch game. And to say she was excited was an understatement.

Most of the castle had found out that Hope Lupin-Black had been recruited as a Gryffindor chaser, yet not one person knew how good she truly was. But, her playing, only made Alfie more nervous. He had read up on how Quidditch worked, and the injuries that came along with it startled him.

On the Thursday before the weekend of her first game, Alfie Lupin-Black sat in the common room with his younger sister. He looked through her stack of unfinished homework. "How did you fall this behind, Hope?"

Hope only shrugged her shoulders. "Quidditch practice takes up a lot of time, you know."

"Enough time to fall behind in all of your classes? Even Charms?" he asked, appalled by her lack of doing her schoolwork. "You are the best in that class, how do you fall behind?"

The Lupin-Black girl rolled her eyes. "I've been busy, Alf, would you get off my back? You're not my father."

He held his hands up in surrender before questioning. "What's up with you? Something's wrong, I can tell."

"Nothing's wrong—"

"Liar."

"Fine, it's something but it's really nothing," she admitted, letting out a breath. "Do you know how scary trolls are when you're up against them in person? They're huge and—"

Alfie's eyes went wide at the mention of the troll. "Troll? Are you telling me you went after the troll on Halloween? Are you insane? Why is it that you always run after danger?"

"Are you finished?" asked Hope as she stared at her brother with a bored expression. "Alfie, Hermione was in danger. We went to help her. I just forgot how to hold my tongue and the troll came for me. But, Ron knocked it out and it's all okay now."