year one: new quidditch recruit

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

❛You, Hope, come with me,❜

Madam Hooch stood next to Hope Lupin-Black as Remus Lupin walked into Professor McGonagall's office

Madam Hooch stood next to Hope Lupin-Black as Remus Lupin walked into Professor McGonagall's office. The Lupin man eyed his daughter carefully, she shrugged her shoulders, not knowing if she was in trouble or not.

"McGonagall, may I ask why we're here?" asked Remus, taking the seat next to his daughter. "Is Hope in trouble or something?"

The Flying Instructor shook her head frantically. "No, no. I just had an idea, but with it being dangerous and against the rules, we would need permission from a parent--"

"Dangerous?"

"Rolanda," McGonagall spoke in her stern voice. "Get to the point."

"We would like Hope to join the Gryffindor Quidditch team as a chaser," her words made Hope grin from ear to ear. "It's only the first day of class and I can already tell she'll be great. She's a skilled flier with such great throwing skills."

Remus furrowed his eyebrows, at a complete loss for words. He glanced at his daughter before questioning. "Quidditch? She's only in the first year."

"Yes, Remus, but she's got a gift. This is something that has never been done before." Professor McGonagall explained, smiling at the man she once knew as a student. "I think it would be good for her, to be able to interact with more students."

His eyes darted to his daughter, who could barely contain her excitement. "Hope, is this something you want to do?"

"More than anything, being a chaser is my dream," she spoke, begging for him to say yes. "I'll be just like Uncle James."

The Lupin man sighed but nodded. "I'm okay with it. And I'll be at every match, but Hope, you have to be careful."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" exclaimed Hope, embracing her father in a hug as Madam Hooch and Professor McGonagall walked out of the room to talk.

"Now, Hope, I got a letter from Alfie a few days ago," said Remus, narrowing his eyes. "What exactly happened with Snape?"

She shrugged her shoulders, playing with the chain of her necklace as she explained. "He just doesn't like me, that's all. Goes on about how I'm exactly like Dad, apparently, he doesn't like him very much. He also won't call me by Lupin, only Black."