year four: shaming articles

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 

❛That woman is dreadful❜

It wasn't a rare sight to find Cedric Diggory and Hope Lupin-Black in the library, not many actually knew what they studied or read about, but they usually were there

It wasn't a rare sight to find Cedric Diggory and Hope Lupin-Black in the library, not many actually knew what they studied or read about, but they usually were there. And on the cold day in January, their day had been changed.

Ernie MacMillan came sprinting into the cold library, completely out of breath. The boy had also run in ignoring the mean whispers from Madam Pince, who didn't even want to get up from her chair to stop him.

"You're out of breath, Ernie." Cedric stated, not looking up from his book on the language of Romanian. "Do you want to sit down--"

"I thought we were mates, Cedric." he exclaimed, his voice booming loud. "I do have to apologize, though. If I knew she was your girlfriend, I wouldn't have flirted."

Both Cedric and Hope locked eyes before the Diggory boy continued. "What are you going on about?"

"You and Hope." stated Ernie, furrowing his eyebrows. "You're together, aren't you?"

Hope's grey eyes widened quickly. "Together? Right, since when?"

"Since before the tournament." Ernie continued, beginning to laugh. "Come on, don't play stupid. You two got caught."

"We're just friends, Ernie."

The Lupin-Black girl nodded, looking confused. "We've never been together."

Ernie only rolled his brown eyes. "Tell that to the article in the Daily Prophet. It says the two of you are in love."

Hope and Cedric shared a look, looking completely confused. The latter blinking his eyes a few times at his housemate.

"What?"

"Let me see that paper."

Ernie handed over the Daily Prophet and on the front page was a picture of the two best friends. The article reading out. 'Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory, secret romance with Hope Lupin? The best friends are more than what they claim to be? Read the hidden love between the two best friends.'