year three: dementors in the playing field

CHAPTER TWELVE

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER TWELVE

❛Shut up, Fred.❜

The entire Quidditch team stood in the locker room, waiting for Oliver Wood to deliver his speech

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The entire Quidditch team stood in the locker room, waiting for Oliver Wood to deliver his speech. But the heavy rain and wind stopped him from doing so. It was no doubt that the rain made everyone question their odds of winning.

George Weasley stood by Hope Lupin-Black as she laced up her boots. She was more nervous than ever, and George noticed by the way she relaced her boots five different ways.

"It's raining heavily today." he commented, messing with his gloves.

She looked up, with no expression on her face. "I know."

"You're going to be careful, right?"

Hope smiled, for the first time that day, and gave George a small hug. "I always am."

"You say that--" he started to say.

"But I really want to win?" she laughed. It wasn't a lie, the teenage girl took Quidditch almost as seriously as Oliver.

His eyes drifted towards the bench. "Yeah, that."

"I'll be careful, I promise." she gave him a soft smile.

As the team walked onto the field, the wind blew off their walk. They could barely hear the crowds cheering over the thunder. It wasn't but five seconds before they were already soaked in rain.

Cedric eyed Hope, who was struggling to walk through the wind. The Hufflepuff team looked less happy than usual, but still wore smiles on their faces.

"Mount your brooms." called out Madam Hooch.

The Diggory boy held out his hand to Oliver. "Good luck, Wood."

Oliver eyed Cedric's hand as if it were the hand of Voldemort, and just nodded. But it didn't matter because in the next three seconds, Madam Hooch blew her whistle and both teams were off.

Hope rose quickly and was quick to become in possession of the Quaffle. Though she was quick to hand it off to Angelina, because the strong winds began to blow her back and forth. As players flew by the small teenager, she almost got knocked off of her broom.