year three: new addictions

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

❛Do those relieve stress?❜

Hope Lupin stood at her window, looking up at the dark sky

Hope Lupin stood at her window, looking up at the dark sky. Another letter to George sitting on her desk, writing about how much she misses Hogwarts. So far, her summer had been quite boring with only a few places to the Diggory Manor.

A voice interrupted her thinking from downstairs. "Hope! Alphard! Come down here please."

Both Alfie and Hope exited their bedrooms at the same time, racing down the staircase to see their father on the couch. His dark-blond hair a mess and his face red from tears.

"Papa, what's wrong?" questioned Hope, extreme concern lacing her face. Her eyes then darted to the newspaper, which had Sirius' face on the front cover. "What's that?"

"Is everything okay?" Alfie followed with, also showing worry.

Remus only shook his head and held up the Daily Prophet. "It's your dad, he has escaped from Azkaban, and no one knows where he went."

Both teenagers exchanged sad, terrified glances, before Hope spoke up. "No one has done that before."

"Are we going to die?"

"Not while I'm alive Alphard. He is believed to be after the two things he left behind." Remus started to say, but got choked up.

Hope stared up, tears now in her grey eyes. "Us two?"

"I'll be going to Hogwarts this year, they offered me a teaching position." the father explained. "Hogwarts will be safe, I promise."

The young teenager looked up and suddenly spoke. "I can't, no, I have to go."

"You can't leave--"

"Watch me, Alfie."

Hope walked over to the fireplace, locking eyes with her father as she picked up the powder. Tears heavily leaked her eyes as she spoke out.

"Diggory Manor."