year three: black dogs

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

❛Pardon?❜

The four teenagers stood crowded around a newspaper that Ron held, the Weasley family were on the front cover in front of pyramids

The four teenagers stood crowded around a newspaper that Ron held, the Weasley family were on the front cover in front of pyramids. Scabbers rested peacefully on Ron's shoulder.

"Egypt! What's it like?" exclaimed Harry, a wide smile on his face.

"Lots of sand, probably." Hope spoke softly. "With a side of dead Pharaohs."

"It's brilliant, really. Tons of cool stuff like Mummies, Death Masks, Tombs--"

Ron was cut off by Hermione's snarky voice. "You know, the ancient Egyptians worshiped the cat goddess, Bast."

"Yet they didn't worship a rat." added Hope.

The Weasley boy rolled his eyes and pulled out a wand. "I also got a new wand."

The door of the Leaky Cauldron opened to reveal Molly, Percy, Fred, George, and Ginny. They walked in carrying bags from shops, but George dropped both of his bags when he saw Hope.

"George!" she exclaimed, running to his open arms and being embraced in a hug.

"I've missed seeing your face, love." he replied.

Fred just crossed his arms. "You know, I'm here too."

"How could I ever forget you, Freddie?" she gave him a small hug. "I've missed seeing you guys this summer."

Harry frowned and turned to Ron. "George and Hope?"

Hermione smiled. "I think they're cute."

"Jealous, Harry?"

"No, she's like my sister." said Harry. "That's what makes it weird."

Ron shrugged. "Trust me, I had no idea."

Arthur Weasley walked into the Leaky Cauldron next. A newspaper with Sirius Black's face on the cover. Hope immediately looked down and pushed away her muffin.