year four: ton-tongue toffees

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

❛Not give, simply drop.❜

The Lupin-Black family sat around the round wooden table in their kitchen

The Lupin-Black family sat around the round wooden table in their kitchen. Hope Lupin-Black pushed her breakfast around her plate as she tapped her foot on the floor, overly excited to go to the Quidditch World Cup the next day.

"Hope," Remus spoke up, eyeing his daughter. "Where are you going today again?"

"Ginny's." replied Hope, taking a small sip of orange juice. "We're going to get Harry, he's at the Dursleys'."

Remus nodded as he flipped the page of the Daily Prophet. "Are you staying with Ginny tonight?"

The teenage girl let out a loud groan as she looked up. "I thought we already discussed this, Papa. I think I've told you like seventeen times."

"I'm curious, Hope." said Sirius, looking over to his daughter. "Tell me all of your wonderful plans for this week."

"I'm going to go to Ginny's for a bit, just to get Harry and have dinner." she started to explain before pausing, as if thinking of her plans. "Then I'm going to Ced's so that we can have our sleepover. And tomorrow I'm going to the Quidditch World Cup."

Sirius smiled widely, and took a long sip of his tea. "It sounds like you're going to have a great time."

Remus nodded along before turning his attention towards the two's son. "Alfie, do you have plans for today?"

"Cormac wants to hangout with Lex and I." he said, not even looking up from his food. "We're going to Diagon Alley to shop."

"Gross, Alexa Willard." muttered Hope, rolling her grey eyes.

Alfie only looked to his sister with narrowed eyes. "You don't even know her, Hope."

"I know enough." sneered his sister, mocking him with her facial expressions. "She's a total bitch, Alfie--"

"Hope James." snapped Remus, looking over his folded out newspaper. "That is enough."

The Lupin-Black boy just smirked and eyed his sister. "Takes one to know one, doesn't it?"