year two: rescue mission

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

❛I love what you just did there❜

Ron Weasley and Hope Lupin-Black ventured around the Burrow, it was late in the night and the two grew hungry for leftover dinner

Ron Weasley and Hope Lupin-Black ventured around the Burrow, it was late in the night and the two grew hungry for leftover dinner. As they tip-toed down the stairs, they came upon a conversation unfolding between the two Weasley parents.

"Molly," Arthur Weasley spoke in a whisper tone. "I have to go to work."

The two could practically hear the disapproval in Molly Weasley's voice. "Why? It's nearly midnight, Arthur—"

"That friend of Ron's, Harry Potter? He used magic in front of muggles," he explained as he grabbed his things from the closet. "Got an official warning and everything."

The youngest Weasley boy's jaw dropped at his parent's words, he turned to Hope who looked just as surprised as he did. She whispered. "That idiot. First, he doesn't owl us over the entire summer. And now he goes and does magic in front of muggles. Didn't you explain that to him?"

"Of course I did, I don't know what he was doing," stressed Ron. "We'll have to give him hell once we see him—"

Hope's eyebrows furrowed. "Once we see him?"

"Yeah," replied Ron, as if it were obvious. "We have to save him, of course!"

The Lupin-Black girl went silent at his request, almost not believing it was even possible. With the two of them both being underage and unable to use magic outside of Hogwarts, there was no way they'd make it to Surrey and back.

"As much as I love your idea, and I do," she tried to reason. "There's just one problem with it, well, maybe a couple. One, we're twelve years old. Two, we have no way to get there—"

"But haven't you met the Dursleys?" exclaimed Ron, his voice filled with worry. "They're awful, completely cruel people. Harry won't survive there for long."

She rolled her eyes, letting out a chuckle. "I think you're being a tad bit dramatic, but for Harry's sake, I'll let it slide."

"You're the one with all the brilliant ideas," he snapped in a whisper tone. "What do we do?"