year four: the third task

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO 

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO 

❛Forever?❜

As late June came around, the feeling of excitement was clear around Hogwarts

As late June came around, the feeling of excitement was clear around Hogwarts. Most students were so excited about the third task that they seemed to forget about studying for their end of year exams. But even then, they were too excited to care.

June twenty-fourth came around fast and the parents of the four champions were invited to Hogwarts, as well as many other parents. Hope Lupin-Black stood next to Jessica and Amos Diggory, awaiting her best friend and godbrother.

"Isn't this just exciting, Hope?" gushed Jessica Diggory, smiling wide. "The two of you are closer to your dreams."

"I'm so proud of him," replied Hope, fiddling with her fingers. "Between this and the internships he's barely able to contain his excitement."

Jessica only laughed, shrugging his shoulders. "That's Cedric all right. Every since he's been little he's been little, could never contain his excitement."

"His whole world is Dragons, his Patronus is even a Dragon--"

"He can produce a Patronus?" asked the mother, her eyes wide.

Hope quickly nodded, her mouth turning into a smile. "Oh, yeah. I helped teach him a few weeks back."

Tears began to fill the Diggory woman's eyes. "I admire the way you two help each other. It's quite amazing, you know."

"Jessica," grumbled Amos Diggory, narrowing his eyes. "He's a man, now."

"Amos, he is a boy." she snapped back, crossing her arms. "Just because he's in this tournament, doesn't make him grown."

Sirius Black and Remus Lupin strolled over, smiles on both of their faces. "Ah, Amos Diggory, long time no see?"

"Sirius Black, didn't expect to see you here." Amos sneered, his lip curled. "Who exactly are you here for?"

"Harry Potter, of course." muttered Sirius in return, grey eyes glared. "My godson."

The Diggory man's eyes went wide as he nodded. "Mind me, I must've forgotten. Silly me, you and James Potter were attached at the hip."