year three: lupin-black household

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

❛Tell me what?❜

Remus Lupin and Sirius Black sat in two chairs facing their children Alfie and Hope

Remus Lupin and Sirius Black sat in two chairs facing their children Alfie and Hope. Lyall sat on the couch next to Hope staring at Sirius in the most proud way. The elder man held a clear smile upon his face.

"I knew you were innocent, Sirius." he spoke with glee. "I've been saying it since the day you were locked up."

"Thanks, Mister Lupin." thanked Sirius, sitting up straight. "Did you give Hope and Alfie that motorbike?"

Lyall smirked proudly, eyeing his son. "Of course I did."

Remus Lupin narrowed his green eyes. "Dad--"

"Don't you dare scold him, Remus." interrupted Sirius, his grey eyes meeting Remus' green. "He did what I asked him to do."

"Our children don't need a motorbike, Sirius--"

Hope held up her hands in defense. "Speak for yourself, Papa. I love it."

Remus rolled his eyes as Sirius perked up. "Tell me everything. I want to know everything that has happened with you two."

"I've been knocked out by Voldemort, faced a troll, got bit by a dragon twice, rode in a flying car, made friends with giant spiders, held a famous wizard captive because he was a fraud, got my arm slashed by a Hippogriff, produced a patronus--"

Alphard Lupin widened his eyes as he chuckled lightly. "I'm the good child, as you can see."

"Oh!" she exclaimed quickly. "And I became the youngest Quidditch player in this century!"

Remus and Sirius shared a shocked look, as even the Lupin man didn't know all of the information shared. "Hope, that flying car stunt almost gave Molly Weasley a heart attack."

"It was epic, Dad." said Hope, ignoring her other father's comment. "We saved Harry, but that awful--"

She stopped mid sentence, looking around the room until her eyes met her grandfather's. "What?"