year four: the yule ball

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

❛We should slow dance more often.❜

Winter came quickly, coating Hogwarts in powdery white snow, and what came with it was the magical holiday of Christmas

Winter came quickly, coating Hogwarts in powdery white snow, and what came with it was the magical holiday of Christmas. And Hope Lupin-Black adored the holiday more than any other, loving the snow and the gift giving of the holidays more than anyone else.

"Happy Christmas, Ronald!" exclaimed Hope, popping out from behind the red common room couch. "Isn't this day the best?"

Ron Weasley narrowed his blue eyes at his friend. "I guess. What's got you so chipper?"

"Nev, bring it here!"

Neville Longbottom came running down the stairs, three other boys following. A white jumper in his hands with scarlett red lettering. The expression on Seamus' face made Ron's suspicion go up even higher.

"What's this?" he questioned, reading the words on the back.

"We got matching jumpers!" yelled Seamus, the excitement clear in his voice. "Neville's Gran got them made, aren't they awesome?"

Dean Thomas nodded along. "And look, they have our names on them! Well, sort of."

"And they say dormmates forever! Cause, you know, that's how it will be!" exclaimed the Finnegan boy, looking over to the Weasley boy. "Don't you like it?"

"Yeah, and we all have one?"

"Yeah, look!" said Hope, looking back to her godbrother who stood on the stairs. "Get over here, Potter, before I drag you over here."

Harry Potter slowly walked over, his emerald eyes narrowed at his friends. "They spelt Potter wrong."

Ron's eyebrows furrowed. "How--"

"Pottah!" yelled Seamus, doubling over as he laughed. "Like Malfoy used to say? Pottah this, Pottah that."

Hope only smiled. "Isn't it funny?"