year four: drama days

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

❛Hold me back, Ced,❜

The Diggory Manor always had a joyful atmosphere to it, from the everlasting smell of chocolate chip cookies to the sun shining in from all of the windows

The Diggory Manor always had a joyful atmosphere to it, from the everlasting smell of chocolate chip cookies to the sun shining in from all of the windows. And the morning of the Quidditch World Cup, the entire Diggory family and Hope sat at the table together.

"Hope, Cedric, you need to be dressed like muggles." Amos explained for the millionth time, causing Cedric to roll his eyes. "We'll be going out in public today, around them you know."

Cedric took another bite of bacon before speaking up. "Dad, we know. You told us all about it last night."

"I just want you two to know the plans--"

"Amos, quit it." said Jessica Diggory, smacking her husband playfully on the shoulder. "They don't need to be reminded all the time."

Jessica Diggory was a kind woman, who Cedric resembled greatly. There was almost never a frown upon her face and there was never a time where Hope or Cedric had seen her be furious.

"Thanks, Mum."

Hope looked up from her plate of food. "Breakfast is quite lovely, Mrs. Diggory. It's very good."

"Hope, you've been here enough times to know you can call me Jessica, Mum even." the mother spoke to the teenage girl with a smile. "Mrs. Diggory was my mother-in-law."

Amos let out another groan as he read the Daily Prophet. "I wish Cedric could apparate. It would be so much easier. Portkeys are such stupid things."

"Are you two finished?" asked Jessica, ignoring her husband's complaining. Once they both nodded she smiled. "Teeta! Can you come get these plates please?"

Within a second, a small house-elf appeared in the dining room. She grabbed the plates quickly and looked at the Diggory woman. "Anything for my mistress."

"Teeta, you can call me Jessica--"

Before her words even got said, the house-elf was gone. Cedric only chuckled and turned to his friend. "You would think that she knows she doesn't need to call Mum that. Teeta's like part of the family."