year four: triwizard tournament

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

❛This is nowhere near the same!❜

The Hogwarts Express was full of everyone talking about the Quidditch World Cup

The Hogwarts Express was full of everyone talking about the Quidditch World Cup. Especially almost all of Gryffindor house, that being said, Hope Lupin-Black decided to sit with her cousin and two friends, who hadn't talked about it for at least half the ride.

"Did you two attend the World Cup?" Vincent Crabbed asked out of the blue. "It was quite insane, Dad's never seen anything like it."

Draco Malfoy stiffened at the words but nodded. "Yeah, we attended."

"It's a shame Ireland won," started Greg Goyle, looking up from his art book. "Bulgaria is the better team by far--"

"No way." laughed Draco, looking at his friend like he was insane. "Ireland's got an amazing team--"

Goyle just shook his head and laughed. "But Bulgaria has Viktor Krum. He's one of the best Seekers of our time--"

"Have you seen Konrad Weiss? He's quite good--"

All eyes fell on Hope, as this was the first time she spoke through the entire train ride. Crabbe narrowed his eyes. "Who's he?"

"He plays for Germany." spoke Hope in a timid voice, not looking up from her fingers. "They're my favorite team."

Gregory Goyle eyed the girl hesitantly before speaking up. "Are you feeling okay? You've been quiet--"

"I can't be quiet, Greg?" she questioned back, defensively as she could. "It isn't a crime, is it?"

Draco sighed loudly as Hope narrowed her grey eyes. "How about we don't talk about Quidditch? Especially the World Cup--"

"Why not?" asked Crabbe, popping some fudge flies into his mouth. "Did you hear about the girl that went missing--"

"Honestly, Vincent, are you always this stupid--"

Greg looked from Draco's angry face, to Vincent's puzzled, and finally his eyes landed on Hope who was breathing heavily. "No--"