year three: family is family

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

❛You promised not to tell him!❜

In the Gryffindor common room, Harry Potter threw stuff like pillows and books around

In the Gryffindor common room, Harry Potter threw stuff like pillows and books around. Ron and Hermione stared at him, not knowing quite what to say. While Hope Lupin-Black watched from a corner chair.

"Harry?" Ron questioned softly.

Hope just cried softly as Hermione eyed Harry's pale face. "Harry, you look terrible."

"Where is everyone?" the Potter boy asked, not looking up from what he was doing.

Ron and Hermione exchanged a fearful look before Ron spoke up. "Gone, it's the first day of the holidays, remember?"

"You really don't look well, you know." commented Hermione, the concern clear on her pale face.

"I'm fine." snapped Harry, finally looking up. His emerald eyes were filled with tears.

Hope stood up from her chair, clearly upset. "Harry, I know you're upset over what you heard yesterday--"

He stared at Hope as if she was the worst person on the planet. "What are you doing here? I don't want to see you."

"Harry--"

Hermione glanced at the two god-siblings. Both raged with anger. "We're here to make sure you don't do anything stupid."

"Like what?"

Hope's grey eyes filled with tears. "Like go after Dad."

Ron and Hermione visibly flinched at Hope's words. They too were settling in the information, it was crazy to them that Hope was the daughter of a murderer. Especially one that betrayed Harry's parents.

"Do you know what I hear every time a Dementor is near me?" asked Harry, in an angry yell. "I hear my mother pleading with Voldemort. And if you heard your mum screaming like that, you wouldn't forget. And if that someone was suppose to be their friend--"