year two: the voices

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

❛I think Harry's losing it❜

Hope Lupin and Harry Potter were stuck in detention with Gilderoy Lockhart

Hope Lupin and Harry Potter were stuck in detention with Gilderoy Lockhart. The idea of detention for the two of them was answering his fan mail. Hope was drawn out with boredom, while Harry was just annoyed.

"Harry, Hope, could you possibly think of a better way to serve a detention? You get the pleasure of helping me answer my fan mail." Lockhart exclaimed.

Harry forced a smile. "Definitely not."

"I could think of a hundred better ways." frowned Hope.

"Fame is a fickle friend. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that." the professor flashed another smile.

As Hope rolled her eyes, Harry began to look around the room. Though after a few seconds he blinked his eyes as if whatever he was thinking went away.

"You okay, Harry?" the Lupin girl looked at him with worry.

"Fine." he quickly replied. "Are you okay, Hope?"

She quickly looked up. "Me? I'm fine."

"You don't have to--"

The Potter boy paused and began to look around the classroom again. Then, unexpectedly, he jumped up out of his chair.

"What?" he questioned into thin air.

"What?"

"I know!" yelled Lockhart. "Six solid months at the top of the top of the Best-Seller list! Broke all records!"

Harry just furrowed his eyebrows. "No, not that, the voice."

Professor Lockhart looked to Hope. "Voice?"

"That voice! Didn't you hear it, Hope?" questioned Harry looking directly at her.

"Harry, why don't you sit down. There aren't any voices." Hope tried to get a hold of his shoulder.