year one: lost point days

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

❛McLaggen, where's my brother?❜

For Harry Potter and Hope Lupin-Black, things couldn't have been worse

For Harry Potter and Hope Lupin-Black, things couldn't have been worse. Filch didn't hesitate to bring the two down to Professor McGonagall immediately. The two sat in chairs waiting, Hope sat there, arms crossed, whispering funny remarks to Harry who tried to contain his laughter.

When Professor McGonagall appeared, she was leading Neville Longbottom in with her. The first-year boy looked relieved to see Hope and Harry were okay, but regretfully, he couldn't have done enough.

"Hope, Harry!" he exclaimed the moment that he saw them. "I was trying to find you to warn you. I heard Malfoy saying that he was going to catch you, that you had a drag—"

The look on the Lupin-Black girl's face made Neville go silent instantly, but McGonagall had seen and heard enough. She looked as if she was ready to give the children detentions for the rest of the year.

"I would never have believed it of any of you. Mister Filch says you were up in the Astronomy Tower and it's one o'clock in the morning," she raged, looking at the two Gryffindors. "Explain yourselves."

Hope didn't have a sarcastic remark this time, only staring down at her shoes with nothing to say.

"You know, I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on," the professor explained, seeming almost one hundred perfect sure. "It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You fed Draco Malfoy some cock-and-bull story about a dragon, trying to get him out of bed and into trouble. I've already caught him, and I suppose you think it's funny that Longbottom here heard the story and believed it, too?"

"That isn't it at all," Hope quickly spoke up, the professor's words making her chuckle. "Malfoy probably fed the lies to Neville hoping he would help us and get us into trouble. I mean, everyone knows Neville's a helping friend."

"I don't want to hear it, Miss Lupin," McGonagall said loudly, her words making Hope go quiet once more. "Four students out of bed, and on the same night! I've never heard of such a thing before. Mister Potter, I thought you had a little more common sense. And Miss Lupin, you know very well what's right and wrong. All three of you will receive detentions."