year one: children out of bed

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

❛Holy werewolf, what's that?!❜

Hope Lupin-Black tip-toed down the stairs from the girl's dormitory, as she reached the bottom of the stairs, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley stood there waiting for her

Hope Lupin-Black tip-toed down the stairs from the girl's dormitory, as she reached the bottom of the stairs, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley stood there waiting for her. As the three went to turn the corner, a light in the corner flickered on, revealing Hermione who sat there with a frown.

"You!" exclaimed Ron, crossing his arms against his chest. "Go back to sleep, would you?"

"I almost told your brother," admitted Hermione, narrowing her eyes at the three. "Percy, he'd do something about this."

"Would you just go back to sleep, 'Mione?" Hope asked, glancing at her two friends who looked annoyed. "We'll be back before you know it."

Harry rolled his eyes, grabbing Hope's arm gently. "Come on, Hope. Let's just go."

The Weasley boy pushed open the portrait of the Fat Lady and three of them climbed through, Hermione hot on their tails. The staircases of Hogwarts were empty and dark at the late hour, with not a single student in sight.

"Do you guys even care about Gryffindor?" questioned Hermione, glaring at them. "Hope, you just earned all those points in Transfiguration, and you're just going to lose them like that?"

Hope only shrugged her shoulders. "I earned them, I can lose them."

"I'm leaving, I'm not getting expelled," as Hermione turned to leave, she came face to face with an empty portrait. The Fat Lady was nowhere to be seen, having gone on a nighttime visit with another painting. "Now what am I going to do?"

"That's your problem," scoffed Ron, turning to leave. "We're going to be late, let's go."

Before the three first-years had reached the end of the corridor, Hermione Granger was beside them once again. Her eyebrows furrowed in displeasure. "I'm coming with you."

"You are not."

The Granger girl smiled smugly. "Do you think I'm going to stand out here and wait for Filch to catch me? If he finds all four of us, I'll tell him the truth. That I was out here trying to stop you, you can even back me up."